News from the 2nd Grade Class
Fire Prevention Month
Upcoming Halloween Festivities
The parade route and time will be announced at a later date.
We will be having a party! If you'd like, feel free to send in treats for the party. They're always greatly appreciated! :)
We worked on synonyms, commas in lists, and punctuation marks this week as well.
They will continue on working on their personal narrative next week.
We had a full review day on Wednesday. I created a study guide that we did in class to go over the types of questions they'd have on the test. I hoped that this would help prepare them for what was to come, but the test was still difficult.
Please check your child's folder to see their graded test.
In social studies, they learned about different kind of landforms and different kinds of bodies of water.
Joseph - Smartest Artist for September
Spelling Words for Next Week
Please remember to have your child practice these at home.
Order Scholastic Online with code NCHLT!
- October 17th - Scholastic Due (If you want it before Halloween)
- Octoer 25th - Scholastic Due (If time doesn't matter)
- October 26th - Halloween Parade & Party
- October 27th & 28th - NO SCHOOL
- November 10th - Parent/Teacher Conferences (Letters will be sent out)