Frequently Asked Questions 2020-2021
How do new students register to attend LEE Middle School?
- All new students must register using the registration link located on the LEE Middle School website or the Coweta County School System website.
What time does school start/begin?
- Students who arrive between 7:30 - 8:00 am will be directed to breakfast, a classroom or the gym until 8:00 am.
- Homeroom begins at 8:15 am
- Students will be marked tardy if they are not in homeroom by 8:25 am
What time does school end?
- Dismissal begins every day at 3:30 pm.
- All students should be picked up from campus no later than 4:00 pm unless they have been approved to remain on campus (athletics, clubs, tutoring).
Where do I drop off and pick up my student if they are a car rider?
- Car rider drop off and pick up is at the front of the school
When will my child receive a schedule?
- We will have all student schedules posted in Infinite Campus by August 3rd.
What is ELT?
- ELT stands for Extended Learning Time
- ELT occurs at different times for each grade level each day
- Dependent upon student needs, ELT provides remediation in reading or math, enrichment opportunities such as STEM activities, Second Steps Social Emotional Learning, Advisement and Organizational Skills.
What if my student is in the gifted program?
- Students in good standing in the gifted program from elementary school will be automatically enrolled in gifted English and gifted Science at each grade level.
- Additional information about the gifted referral process can be found at http://lms.cowetaschools.net/gifted-bbc59c14
What are Connections classes? Do parents/students get to choose Connections classes?
Connection classes are equivalent to specials in elementary school. Some classes such as chorus and band can be requested. Other connections, such as reading and math enrichment, are assigned to a student based on need. Other connections classes will be randomly assigned.
Connection classes are Spanish, Art, Band, Chorus, PE, Personal Fitness, Health, ELA Enrichment, Math Enrichment, Science Enrichment
Can students bring snacks and/or water bottles?
- Students are allowed to bring clear water bottles to school.
- Snacks may be brought in at the discretion of the teacher.
- At this time, students may not share snacks with other students while at school.
How often and when are students allowed to use the restroom?
- Students have planned restroom breaks throughout the day.
- Students are also encouraged to go to the restroom during lunch.
What is the dress code policy for sleeveless shirts and shorts?
- No sleeveless attire is allowed. All tops must have a sleeve.
- Shorts and skirts must be the length of the fingertips on their extended arm.
- See the Student Handbook for additional dress code information and review it with your child.
What is the dress code policy for leggings?
- If a student wears leggings, their shirt must be fingertip length.
- No holes are allowed above the student’s knee.
- See the Student Handbook and review it with your child.
Violation of Dress Code Policy
- Students who violate dress code will be documented, and the students will be given an opportunity to correct the violation (either call home for change of clothes or choose item(s) from the clothes closet).
- After the 3rd violation, the student may receive an office referral.
How large of a backpack will be needed?
- Students need a book bag that can carry their chromebook, one large three-ring binder, and personal items.
- Rolling backpacks are not allowed except in extenuating circumstances approved by administration.
Will students be bringing textbooks home?
- Textbooks are not issued to students. Teachers will use Google Classroom to update assignments and any other materials that students will need in order to meet and exceed content standards. However, if you would like a textbook for your child, you may request from your child’s teacher.
What will the homework load be like?
- Homework is assigned by each teacher individually. However, teachers will work diligently to not assign projects/major assignments on the same due date.
How often do teachers input grades into Parent Portal?
- Guidelines are set for every 3-5 days for classwork and every 7-10 days for all major assignments.
What is the best way to communicate with teachers?
- Email is the best way to communicate with teachers. All email addresses can be found on the school webpage. If you do call the school to speak with a teacher, please leave a message with the front office staff. Teachers will return your call within 24 hours.
How will the school/teachers communicate with parents?
- The school and teachers may communicate with parents by Remind 101, social media, letters home, Google Classroom, email and/or phone calls.