The Falcon Flash
Foskett Ranch Elementary Newsletter
May 22, 2019
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
We are still in need of a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) president. All the other officers are in place for next year, but we need a president to continue to operate the PTO at Foskett.
PTO volunteers organize fundraisers to funded assemblies, purchase Chromebooks for students, purchase safety equipment and classroom/school materials and supplies. Please call Michelle in the office with your questions about this position as she served as PTO president a couple of years ago. Thank you for considering this opportunity to enhance the students' school experience.
Every Monday Early Release 1:40
- 5/24 - 4th Grade Field Trip Empire Mine 8:30am
- 5/27 - No School Memorial Day
- 5/28 - Whales Tails, McBean Pool 10:30 - 12:00pm (Springborn/Bryant/Flanagan)
- 5/28 - Whales Tails, McBean Pool 12:00 – 2:30pm (Butler/Law/Schreiber)
- 5/30 - LHS Senior Visit
- 6/2 - Foskett Ranch Potters Game
- 6/3 - "What Bugs You?" Assembly 8:30am
- 6/4 - PTO Meeting 6:30pm
- 6/6 - 3rd Trimester Awards 8:30am
- 6/7 - Last Day of School
No School Monday, May 27th in Honor of Memorial Day
A huge thank you for all of your support during the Apex Fun Run. What a great event for our students and school. The students had such a fun time learning and working together. Foskett Ranch Elementary is STRONG!
2019/2020 School Year
If you are not returning to Foskett Ranch next year, please call the school office at (916)434-5255 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look at the enrollment numbers to begin configuring classes to ensure we have adequate staffing and to begin the process of class assignments. Thank you!
LHS Senior Parade
Attention 5th Grade Parents
We have a Fun and Exciting day planned for the Kids Friday, June 7th, 2019. If you are able to make a $3.00 donation on behalf of your child, it would be greatly appreciated. This will help with the food cost and other various items, such as a beach ball that each individual child will get to keep and have autographed. Please send the $3 donation with you student by 5/29/2019.
Parent Volunteers are needed for food service, activity stations, photo booth, set up and clean up. Please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090D48AEAD2FA0FD0- 5thgrade to see how you can help. See the flyer below for more information.
As the weather gets warmer please make sure you are sending your child(ren) off to school with proper attire. Below are the guidelines our school follows.
- Clothing exposing the midsection or underclothing is not allowed.
- Spaghetti straps (less than 2 finger width), low cut tops, or halter-tops are not allowed.
- Tights and/or shorts are recommended to be worn under dresses for outside activities.
- Skirts and shorts shall be not shorter than the tips of fingers when placed at the students’ sides.
- Shoes must be safe and appropriate for P.E. and outside activities. Any heals must be low and all sandals must have back straps.
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars, click for details.
Be Safe~Be Respectful~Be Responsible
Our Mission & Vision
We expect our staff and students (our Falcons) to perform at high levels academically, behaviorally and socially.
At Foskett Ranch, students learn essential skills and knowledge to successfully progress towards college and career readiness.