The C-2 View
Para traducir este boletín:
En su teléfono, haga clic en el boletín. Entonces en la parte inferior derecha de su pantalla, haga clic en el icono de accesibilidad (parece una persona dentro de un círculo) y seleccione Translate Newsletter. Seleccione Spanish del menú desplegable.
En su computadora, haga clic en el boletín. Entonces, a la derecha, haga clic en Translate Newsletter y entonces, del menú desplegable, seleccione Spanish.
- Principals Month – Celebrated every October, National Principals Month is an opportunity to celebrate and honor our incredible principals for their visionary leadership and tireless pursuit of success for each student. Thank you to the 20 RQS school principals for being that ray of hope for your school buildings - your staff, students, and families. Check out our Instagram @RaytownSchools to see shout outs to our principals.
- National Bullying Prevention Month – RQS joins districts across the nation during the month-long campaign to focus and raise awareness on bullying.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month – An annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of breast cancer.
- Disability History and Awareness Month – Disability history education and awareness helps to promote positive attitudes in schools creating a culture of mutual respect, understanding, and equal opportunities for all students.
- October 2, National Custodian Appreciation Day – Held annually every October 2 to recognize the employees who keep our schools and workplaces running smoothly. Thank you to all Raytown custodians for your hard work to keep our buildings safe and clean.
- October 6, National Coaches Day – Honors the men and women who inspire us to work harder and do our best through various sports activities.
- October 18 - 22, National Bus Safety Week – Held nationally each year to promote school bus safety. The goal is for the school community – students, staff, families, community members – to join forces and address the importance of school bus safety.
- October 19, Unity Day – An extension of Bullying Prevention Month, Unity Day is celebrated the third Wednesday of every October and is meant to promote kindness, acceptance, and inclusion.
- October 19, Missouri Day – Celebrated the third Wednesday of October set apart as a day commemorative of Missouri history.
October Ray of Hope Honorees
At every Board of Education meeting in the 2022-23 school year, a student and staff member will be recognized as a Ray of Hope for their school community.
The October Ray of Hope honorees, who were recognized at the October 10 Board of Education meeting, are Rachel Hartwig, culinary student at HCC, Dedra Sanders, Instructional Assistant at Three Trails, and Aidan Link, Science Teacher at Raytown South High School. Meet them in the video below!
Cinder is the Herndon Career Center Institute of Culinary Arts student-led restaurant. The first of four gourmet pop-up dinner events took place on Friday, October 14, and it was a huge success!
Each dinner event will consist of a different menu, and a special guest chef. The remaining dates are: Thursday, November 17, Thursday, January 26, and Friday, March 3. Tickets are $45 per person and there are limited seats available. For more information click here.
Raytown South High School Band Racks Up Winning Performances
The Raytown South High School band has been taking the competition by storm, winning various awards and recognitions. Most recently, they competed at the UCM Festival of Champions on Saturday, October 22. They swept all captions in their class for preliminary competition and earned a spot in the finals performance. They were recognized with the following honors: outstanding percussion, outstanding auxiliary, outstanding drum major, fan favorite, first place indoor drumline, first place indoor color guard, and first place field show. This is just the beginning. Congratulations!
Raytown Quality Schools Recognized as 2022 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America
We did it again! Raytown Quality Schools is proud to share that we have once again been named as one of the "Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America" by Healthiest Employers for 2022.
This award honors the organizations that are demonstrating care for employees by investing in health and well-being solutions and initiatives. We are proud and honored to be considered as one of the Healthiest Employers in the nation this year. Read more here!
Thank you to all of the wonderful RQS employees for serving as a ray of hope to our students, and to our school community.
The RQS Transportation Department!
A huge shout out to the Transportation Department for coordinating various events, recognitions, and safety trainings during National School Bus Safety Week, held October 18 - 22. As part of the week and to continue to raise awareness and education on bus safety, the Transportation Department coordinated a rear-door evacuation training with each elementary school, distributed “Safe Rider of the Quarter” awards to students, and recognized the dedicated RQS bus drivers and aides for their hard work and commitment to transporting students safely to and from school.
Call for Nominees: 2023 Alumni Hall of Fame
Do you know an outstanding alum who should be considered for the Raytown Schools Alumni Hall of Fame? Nominate them today! Nominations for the induction class of 2023 are due by Wednesday, February 1. For more information and to download the nomination form, click here.
In compliance with the Missouri State Law, if you are interested in volunteering with a school, or want to join a student field trip, a thorough background check needs to be completed.