October 22, 2018
Chronic Attendance Update-17.4%
Let's continue our work of reaching out to students who are absent and letting them know all the great things they have missed. Encourage families to bring student before and after appointments.
Shout out to Carranza (80%) and Plummer (78.3%) for having the highest satisfactory attendance.
Shout out to Plummer (8.7%) and Crawford (11.8%) for having the lowest chronic attendance.
Shout out to Carranza, Crawford, Hodnett, Novak, and Plummer for having no red students.
Shout Out To:
Please print all confidential or personal information in the library and ensure it is picked up promptly.
Just a reminder that the teacher workday begins at 8:00 am. Please contact me if you will be late.
Best Practice of the Week - Participation Protocols for Equitable Voice
- allows all students to participate in sharing their thinking, academic discussion, and checks for understanding.
- increases engagement and accountability
- can be the whole group (silent signals, shout out, etc)
- or can be individual (pulling of sticks, cards or rolling of the dice)
- allows equitable student voice
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Minimum Day
- Hootenanny 1 to 1:30 ($50 Entry)
- Howard Professional Learning 2 to 3:30
- Howard Collaboration 3:30 to 4
Professional Learning 10/24
Teachers will utilize Math curriculum tools to plan for strong data-based math instruction.
Math Expressions Book
Math Core Curriculum Book
Cycle 2 Overview
Upcoming October Events
Upcoming November Events
11/7--Hoot and Holler11/9--Minimum Day End of the 1st Trimester
11/12--No School Veterans Day
11/14--Report Cards Due by 4 pm
11/19 to 11/23--Thanksgiving Break
11/26 to 11/27--Minimum Days Howard Professional Learning
11/28 to 11/30--Minimum Days Parent Teacher Conferences