Camp Ernst Middle School
Family Newsletter November 29, 2020
I hope you've enjoyed the Thanksgiving break. We were so fortunate to have great weather this week. I am especially grateful for time with family to relax and reflect on all of the positive things we have to be thankful for even during this challenging time. It is important to find a healthy balance right now. This fall, I bought a bike so I could ride with my kids as well as get some variety in cardio workouts. It has turned out to be one of the best decisions as it's great for family time as well as gets everyone out of the house in a safe environment.
As winter approaches and the weather gets colder, we will have to find other ways to create a balance and have meaningful family time. Now, since I'm not a tik tokker or a famous youtuber, my kids do not find me interesting at all. Not to mention, they do not want to watch the same shows as I do and find my shows boring. It got me thinking about some activities or shows we could watch together so that we can create wonderful memories together.
Here are some things you and your kids could do together as the weather gets too cold to go outside to walk or ride bikes:
- Board games that everyone loves!
- Card games-teach them the old ones you used to play;)
- Grow an herb garden
- Let the kids cook dinner!! Yes, you're welcome:)
- Go on a nature walk
- Create some family artwork
- Bake cookies
- Family movie night with all of the holiday classics!
- Read together :)
- Make a time capsule
Hope you do try a few of the activities on the list and make some great memories with your kids!
Have a great week!
- Please be sure to call 534-4000 and ask for the school nurse if your child tests positive for COVID-19.
- If we have positive cases, we will inform the community via letter ONLY if necessary. Example: If a virtual student tests positive we would not send the letter as the student was never in our building. Let us know if you have any questions.
All parents must complete this form prior to students coming back to school. We appreciate your attention to this matter. Thank you.
25th-27th: Thanksgiving Break.
18th-Last day of school before winter break.
21st-Jan 3- Winter break. Happy Holidays-be safe and healthy
4th-first day back after the break