Newsletter Week 3 Term 3
Kaimai School 9th August 2022
Kia ora Koutou,
A special welcome to Melody. Melody is our newest member to Kaimai School and she is in Ruma Kereru. She is very lucky to have her big sister and cousins at school already. It is so lovely to have you Melody!
Our school choir has headed into the city today to practice with other schools for the performance later on this term. Thank you to Lynne Sperring who is leading the choir. We also have an open session for our year 5/6 students this Friday, where we have guest presenters talking about tech and the exciting things that take place at year 7 and 8.
A big thank you to our caretaker/bus driver Kevin who has fixed a couple of big potholes in our school driveway. It makes for a much smoother drive in.
Have a great week. If you need to touch base or have anything that you would like to chat about, please feel free to give me a call at school 07 543 0999 or email email@example.com. We can arrange a time to meet.
Attendance and Absences
- phone the school at the start of the day 07 543 0999
- email the school firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website https://www.kaimai.school.nz/report-an-absence/
- enter the absence through skool loop. If you haven't downloaded the app, click on the link to do so. https://www.kaimai.school.nz/skool-loop-app/
Kei te pai to our value certificate recipients. You are shining!
Communication at Kaimai
- If you have a concern about your own child or one of our other students, contact the student's class teacher or the principal to discuss the matter. The school monitors, records, and responds appropriately to any concerns about a student's safety and welfare.
If your concern relates to another student, you must not approach that student or their parents/caregivers/whānau directly. Speak to their teacher or the principal.
- If you have a general concern about the school or its programmes, discuss it with the person involved or the principal.
- If you have a concern about another parent, caregiver, or member of the school community on a school-related matter, raise this with the principal.
Please note that if there has been an issue between students at school/on the bus and you have contacted us to follow this up, we will talk to all parties involved. Please respect teacher's time outside of school business hours. Our staff have families at home, and are unable to address the issue until they are on site, the next day. We thank you in advance for this.
Our Learning Commonwealth Games
Ruma Kiwi's adventure
Kiwi had such a great time at The Tauranga Astronomical Society on Friday night.
We had fun learning more about the Solar System and viewing the moon through powerful telescopes.
Here are a few photo's of our evening, including an amazing close up of the moon that we captured through the telescope!
Has your information changed?
*contact the school office at 07 543 0999 or
*click on the link to fill in https://www.kaimai.school.nz/update-contact-details/