Yesenia Arteese Period 10
I want to be a Baker! I want to do this because I enjoy the aromas of baking sweets in the oven. I want to do what I love with the people I love. I want to open up a bakery with my Mom. I have always wanted to be many things but being a Baker has always sparked up a bigger future in my mind.
- Observe colors of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
- Measure or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or icings, using scales or graduated containers.
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, or other products.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in production ovens or on grills.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
- Bakers make their own hours.
- Hotels, restaurants, schools, homes, bakery, etc.
- $11.18 hourly, $23,250 annual
- Job openings- 46,800
- These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Social Perceptiveness
- Not a very saturated.
- Growth- Little or no change (-2% to 2%)
Advancement Opportunities or Related Jobs
- Executive Pastry Chef
- personal chefs
- culinary educators
- move to larger kitchens