Monday Memo, January 4, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, January 4th to Friday, January 8th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
NEWS, Notes and Reminders
- The second marking period will end on Friday, January 15th.
- As was reported before the break, Angie Gibney will begin her assignment as teacher for the new transitional PreK classroom beginning Jan. 4th. Congratulations and welcome to your new role Angie!!
- Several well qualified applicants were interviewed for the two paraprofessional positions for this class. The team chose two applicants who will be joining Angie in this new venture. Our own Robbin Hamilton, who has been a part-time paraprofessional at Funkstown for a number years, and a newcomer, Luke Michael were chosen for the positions. Robbin will begin in her new role on Monday, January 4th, while continuing to fill in temporarily in Jill and Amy's class. Luke will fulfill some requirements before beginning in his new position later in the week or on Jan. 11th. Congratulations Robbin and Luke!
Monday, January 4th
- Kindergarten CFIP today at 11:45 AM in Deb Rader's room. You will find the agenda for K and PreK meeting here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1kBA4v4-m8Tjaclo_pLJcjWj2vq1ozAzO0CjvC8Ynckg/edit?usp=sharing
Tuesday, January 5th
- PreK CFIP today at 11:00 AM in Jackie Knable's room. (Please click Monday's link to view the agenda)
Wednesday, January 6th
- Tammy Fotchman and Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown today.
- IEP Meetings today beginning at 8:30 in Learning Cottage 3.
Thursday, January 7th
Friday, January 8th
SCREEN TIME AND YOUNG CHILDREN
- Monday, Jan. 11th - Leadership Team Meeting - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 12th - Bookmobile Day. Please check your time on the schedule in Google Docs.
- Wednesday, Jan 13th - Wellness Committee sponsored Comfort Food Fest.
- Friday, Jan. 15th - End of the 2nd marking period. No PreK today. 1/2 day K. 1/2 day grading day for teachers.
- Monday, Jan. 18th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Schools and CES closed today.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th - Professional Learning Day. 1/2 day planning day/1/2 day Principal led PD day.
- Thursday, Jan. 21st - Leadership Council Meeting - Valerie out today.
- Friday, Jan. 22nd - Think Tank meeting, Birth to staff attend.
- Tuesday, Jan. 26th - Staff meeting, Library 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Jan. 27th - IEP meetings, LC3