Professional Learning Day
February 9, 2018
The Big Idea
We want you to have the opportunity to learn and expand your boundaries as an educator at Aurora Public Schools. Over the past three years we have geared this day to be more inward focused. We have learned from each other and from outside presenters. We would now like to take the next step. As human beings, our best learning often comes when we are outside of our routine environments. We want to give YOU the opportunity to learn from the world at large.
Your Learning Mission (Option A)
We want you to find an opportunity outside of the Aurora Public School district to go out and learn from what people are doing. This could be in the form of another teacher, a school district, or even a business.
Focus on environments that are developing and demonstrating strong use of collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity in a technology rich environment.
What We Need From You
Please take a moment to add the details of your visit to this spreadsheet. Please take note of where others from our district are visiting. We don't want to create a burden on a business or school by having too many of us visiting at the same time.
Your Learning Mission (Option B)
Good to Know...
- If you chose Option A, be sure to tap on the spreadsheet link in the "What We Need From You" section so that your building administrator will know where you will be learning at on February 9th.
- Transportation, scheduling, and lunch is on your own
- If you chose Option B, lunch will be on your own
Sharing Your Learning (Option A & B both complete)
Things to include in your blog post...
- Name of business, individual or school district you visited
- WHY you chose to visit here
- What did your day look like?
- What did you learn?
- What did you learn that you could immediately use in your classroom?
- Digital images (not required but you do have the option to add photos in Padlet. If you see something on your visit you like, take a pic and save for the Padlet and your blog post)
Question and Answer/Share and Tell/Debriefing Sessions
*More details about this day will be shared in the future.
Middle School-February 14th
High School-February 14th