The Success Academy Eagle's Nest
Make sure you scroll down to read the entire newsletter. New information is included.
The mission of this program is to graduate and transition every student with the skills to succeed in the classroom, workforce, and community through a nontraditional; personalized pathway.
School Hours of Operation
9:00 a.m. - 2:50 P.M.
School doors open to students at 8:45 a.m.
Week of August 9-13 Monday - Friday
Week of August 16 - 20 Monday - Friday
Week of August 23 - 27 Monday - Friday
During the Months of August and September students are to attend school Monday through Friday. Beginning in October students will not attend school on Friday, but will participate in job shadowing, internships, and virtual learning.
No School on Monday, September 6, 2021 LABOR DAY
Health and Safety Measures
- Students will wear masks while being transported on FCPS school buses and vans.
- Desks and tables should be arranged so that all students are physically distanced to the greatest extent possible (preference of minimum of 3 feet and wearing masks).
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the building.
- Students and staff should avoid sharing items that are difficult to regularly clean. If items must be shared, consider cleaning between use or sharing within a cohort.
- School leaders will plan for lunches to be served in the cafeteria so students will be going through cafeteria lines. Students are not required to face the same direction when seated.
- Staff will attest they will not come to work if they have a fever or other symptoms.
Theme for This Academic Year
The Clock Starts Now
For staff, The Clock Starts Now means that we have No Excuses. Our fist year, we started after the school year began. Our second year, the second semester ended abruptly due to the pandemic which bled over into the 20-21 school year. Not to mention that we moved in and out of three buildings during that time. Now we are in our permanent home and are able to begin our year with the expectation of no interruptions.
With the creative minds of the staff and our acceptance of student voice, we are energized and ready to take on the world. Look for our vans to be out in the community and for our voices to be on Radio Lex.
Please continue to follow our journey through our social media sites at #IAmSuccessLex #PersistPersevereProgress.
THE CLOCK STARTS NOW and we are off and running.
Chromebooks and Chargers
Bus Route Information
PM SHUTTLES to High Schools - Depart STEAM & SUCCESS ACADEMY AT 2:50
At the the high school transfer to a neighborhood bus. Search the Bus Route Finder with your home address to find bus information for your districted high school bus and stop.