The Way of a Writer
By: Megan Gallagher
Writer: Who they are and what they have to do
- A writer is someone who creates their own written works and materials.
- They need to have self-expression.
- There is no clear set of rules put in place for writers to follow.
- Writers must research facts to put in their written works.
- Writer may also have to interview people for what they are writing.
- Writers need to be able to problem solve whenever a problem is presented to them.
- To edit an existing piece of work by checking for grammar and punctuation errors. I can also check for any misspellings and make sure that all of the sentences flow well.
- To create new topics for a writing assignment by brainstorming different ideas and by researching different topics of interest.
- To interview an author and talk to them about the writing process by setting up a meeting with an author and coming prepared with multiple questions to ask them.
Why Did I Choose Writing?
- I loved creating stories when I was little
- I loved using a typewriter
- Stories I read when younger
- Helps my voice be heard