LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
Dates to Remember
- Jan. 26- Teacher Workday
- Week of Jan. 26- Holiday Reading Challenge Winners Announced
- Feb. 6- Early Release Day
- Feb. 13- Technology, Teaching & Learning for the 21st Century Workday 8:30-3:30 Wash. St. Rm 301
- Feb. 18- Early Release Day
- Feb.25-Middle School Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
- Feb. 25- High School Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
- Feb. 25- Reading Challenge UNCG Game Tickets must be secured.
- Feb. 26- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Feb. 26- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Feb. 27- Teacher Workday
- Feb. 28- Holiday Reading Challenge UNCG Game
- Feb. 28- Holiday Reading Challenge UNCG Game against Chattanooga
ECU Librarian 2 Librarian Summit
SLMC "participates in professional development that: addresses professional growth goals....reflects 21st Century skills and knowledge...is aligned with State Board of Education and school and district priorities” (SLMC Professional Standard 5, Element B, Proficient)
The ECU Librarian 2 Librarian Summit is February 21. The past couple of years a small group of us have attended and found it to be a valuable, fun day.
- cost $25
- includes breakfast and lunch.
- GCS representation among the session facilitators
- carpool available on Friday night,
- Leave Friday night and return Saturday night
- split hotel rooms
If you are interested in attending with us this year, please fill out this form so we can begin making arrangements.
- CLICK HERE to sign up to carpool
If you want more info about the conference or need to register, CLICK HERE
Hope you can join us this year!
GCS Reads 20 Holiday Reading Challenge
- To be eligible for incentives all reading logs should be turned into Media Specialists by January 16, 2015.
- Media Specialists should then turn in the names of eligible students to Tammy Gruer by January 21, 2015. (SPREASHEET TEMPLATE ATTACHED)
- Winners will be announced the week of January 26, 2015.
Do you want to present at our February PLC?
To give you an opportunity to meet some of the new requirements on the Media Specialist Evaluation, we are offering you the opportunity to present at our GCS PLC meeting.
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
It's All About Them Books Elementary Style.
It's All About The Books Middle School Style.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.