We are Together Tamanend!
Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund
We are thankful for the opportunity to work with the incredible students of TMS and the amazing support we receive from the parents of TMS. We are thankful to be a part of a community in which giving back plays such an important role. We are also thankful for the many thoughtful gifts we receive around the holidays. This holiday season, why not “give back” when giving your holiday gifts! In lieu of a gift, make a donation to the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund. All you will need to do is submit your donation (checks can be made out to “KADMF”), and you will get a TMS student-created “in lieu of” card and an envelope. In addition to the card stating that a donation to KADMF was made in their name, there will be space for you to personalize the card and write a message if you wish. Feel free to use this gift for anyone! We have had tremendous success with these holiday cards over the last 3 years, raising almost $3,700 for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund. You can also make a donation online. PLEASE be sure to include “Tamanend” prior to making your donation so that it can be included in the KADMF/Tamanend partnership.
Thanksgiving Food Drive
We are thankful for all of the generous and kind-hearted staff and families of Tamanend who have been so willing to help those in need in our community. Because of everyone’s selflessness and spirit of giving, we have been able to help several families at Thanksgiving and will be able to help several more families throughout the holiday season!
HP/OfficeMax Award Winner!
We are thankful that Shamus H. and his mother nominated Miss Kristen Littley for the HP/OfficeMax Back to School Award. Miss Littley was selected as the award winner for creating a sense of excitement in her classroom and connecting with her students. Miss Littley won a prize package with a retail value of $1,746, including a laptop, printer, printing supplies, and an OfficeMax gift card. Shamus and his family won a new HP printer and printing supplies. Congratulations to Shamus and Miss Littley!
Follow Tamanend on Twitter
Please Remember to Help Tamanend While You Holiday Shop (or Recycle)
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.