News from the 'View
Skyview Upper Elementary
Upcoming events for our school:
Home & School Glow Zone at Skyzone - Friday 11/23 7 - 10 p.m. - purchase tickets in advance- http://oaksstore.skyzone.com/m/area/Info/Glow_Zone
Community Service Day - Thursday 12/20
Schools/Offices Closed - Monday 12/24 -Tuesday 1/1
ALEKS and ExactPath Update for Students and Families
Exact Path (Edmentum)
- · This web-based program supports ELA learning. The program is based on PA Standards for ELA.
- · EXACT PATH will support your student by focusing on their independent learning levels and move them through appropriate state standards at their own pace.
- · Students are required to complete 30 minutes per week on Exact Path. Completion will count towards the student’s overall classwork/homework grade.
- · Most students will have sufficient time to complete their weekly goal of 30 minutes in school during ELA centers, flex time, or 8th period.
- · This web-based program supports MATH learning. The program is based on PA Standards for Math.
- · ALEKS will support your student by focusing on their independent learning levels and move them through appropriate state standards at their own pace.
- · Students are required to complete 10 topics per week on ALEKS. Completion will count towards the student’s overall homework grade.
- · Students will have some time to work on their weekly goal for ALEKS in school during math centers, flex time, or 8th period.
Please check the LOST & FOUND in the main lobby! Unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity in January.
Handbook Highlight - Morning Music Rehearsal Drop-Off Procedures
Drop-off will occur at our main entrance from 7:30 – 7:40 A.M. Please pull up along the curb and have your child exit the car and enter using our main doors. Please then circle around the back of the building to exit the school campus. Parents, please do not get out the car to assist your child as it holds up the flow of the car line.
o NOTE: do not drop children off at the back door – it will be locked!
o Please do not drop children off prior to 7:30 – supervision is not available! If you arrive before 7:30AM your child must stay in the car with you until a music teacher is at the front door to let your child into the school.
· It is extremely important that students arrive for morning rehearsals before 7:40A.M. as Arcola buses arrive shortly after this time. If you arrive after 7:40 A.M. you must park your car in the parking lot and walk your child in through the main entrance. (Arcola buses begin arriving at 7:40 and park along the curb.)
5th Grade Outdoor Education
As shared in September, each year Skyview 5th grade students have the opportunity to experience the Outdoor Education program at the College Settlement Camp in Horsham, PA. This camping experience is an overnight trip with two full days of interactive lessons and activities.
Team Trip Dates
Comets April 4-5
Stars April 9-10
Galaxy May 28-29
Mountaineers May 30-31
Storm Chasers June 3-4
The cost for the Outdoor Education trip is $157 per student. Please submit payment by March 22, 2019. Payments may be made via check (payable to Methacton School District) or on-line via the “Outdoor Education – pay online” link available on the Skyview website (https://methacton.revtrak.net/Outdoor-Education/). Please contact Mrs. Beth VanBuren, Skyview 5th grade Counselor should you need information on assistance available for this trip.