2015 Year in Review
By: Asees Sekhon
Companies that marketed themselves the best:
Apple: Apple marketed many of their products including the iPhone 6s and iPad Pro intensely during the holiday season of 2015.
Samsung: Rivaling Apple with the Galaxy S6, Samsung used mocking techniques in their advertising campaigns to show that their phone was superior to that of Apple's.
Microsoft: 2015 was the year Microsoft unveiled the Surface Pro 4 which was advertised all over television. It was one of the best products to be released in 2015.
Two of the best products of 2015:
- This phone was innovative with a curved screen and caught a lot of attention in 2015.
2. Surface Pro 4
- Heavily marketed, this laptop/tablet offered everything a Macbook did and more. This was favored a lot by college students.
Two of the worst products of 2015:
- The price was way too high on this watch for the average person to even consider buying and it is thought to have been a failure for Apple.
2. Lumia 950
- There are many bugs with this phone and its price tag is higher than many higher level mobile devices.
Top two movies of 2015:
- Marketed intensely on TV
- Large fan base from previous movies made it highly anticipated
- Highest grossing movie in 2015
2. Mad Max: Fury Road
- Marketing campaign that stretched through social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Named best movie of the year by National Board of Review
Top two musical artists of 2015:
- Drake had the first album in 2015 to reach a million sales in 'If You're Reading This its too Late'.
- He trended worldwide after releasing 'Hotline Bling' and was played on the radio non stop and still is.
- Drake and Future's collaborative album debuted as No. 1 on Billboard's top 200 list.
Top 10 Movies of 2015 | Hollywood Reporter
2. Inside Out
3. Ex Machina
4. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
5. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
New Years Resolution
Family and Friends: My goal is to be kinder to friends and family.
School: My goal is to get A's and B's in all of my classes for the rest of the year.