BMS Library Media Center
Fourth Quarter News 2012-2013
Library Stats for 03/28/2013 thru 06/04/13
- 1,949 library items checked out
- 647 individual student visits
- 29 class visits to the library
Classroom Teacher & School Librarian Collaborations
- Mrs. Brown & Mrs. Pace- 7th grade Language Arts students learned about concentration camps, internment camps and the USA Patriot Act.
- Mrs. Catoe- 8th grade Intro to French students learned about biographical research materials and citing sources.
- Mr. Gunter- Guitar students researched musicians and wrote narratives about their selected artists.
- Ms. Burgess- 8th grade Art students used media resources to research Art related careers.
- Ms. Burgess- 6th grade Art students previewed and checked out Art books during an Art book pass in the media center.
- Mrs. Brown sixth period Language Arts class participated in a Poetry Slam with Muller Road students via Skype.
- Mrs. Brown & Mrs. Pace- 7th grade Language Arts students meet and spoke with author Diane Stanley about her book Saving Sky via Skype.
- Mrs. Whisenant & Ms. Russ- 8th grade Language Arts students used media center resources to research geologic times.
- Mrs. Reeves, Mrs. Pace and Mrs. Brown- Language Arts students participated in a Poetry Picnic in the media center.
- Mrs. L Brown- 6th & 7th grade Math students learned how to plan, edit and create videos about math concepts.
Highlights from the fourth quarter...
- We Skyped for the first time every not once, but twice- with Muller Road AND with author Diane Stanley!
- Our news show crew went on a visit to Westwood High School to their news show program in action.
- Our school team participated in the Richland 2 Reading challenge.
- We held a book swap for teachers and students.
Blythewood Middle School Media Center
Mrs. Swetnam, Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Turner, Media Assistant