La Monte R-IV Elementary News
Weekly Staff Memo: September 19-September 23, 2016
TEAM LA MONTE: EVERY STUDENT, EVERY DAY
Build Your Own LEGACY Through Paws-itive Behavior!
WELCOME LORA SHIREMAN TO TEAM LA MONTE!
Great Things I Noticed This Week!
2. Once again, TEAMWORK! Everyone steps up to help each other - amazing to see on a daily basis! So proud to be a part of the La Monte family!
3. Our average daily attendance - we currently have 97.55% of students at school on a daily basis. This is outstanding!
4. PBIS In Action - While in classrooms, I am so impressed with the implementation of PBIS. I have noticed 4:1 positive interactions with students in every classroom. This is evident in the number of minors and majors that have been logged this year. Keep building relationships with students by praising and keeping things positive!
5. Congrats to Jessa Jones and Danny Lemus for being this week's Viking Voucher winners! These students received a certificate to Dairy Queen, a book, pencil and piece of candy. These students will also choose our Tunnel Thursday song and Friday dance party song next week.
Amazing BOOKS to Read... RIGHT NOW!
2. Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess
3. Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov
4. Mindset by Carol Dweck
5. Drive by Daniel Pink
6. Grit by Angela Duckworth
7. 50 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom by Alice Keeler
8. Digital Leadership by Eric Shenigan
9. The Multiplier Effect by Liz Wiseman & Lois N. Allen
10. School Culture Rewired by Todd Whitaker
11. Pure Genius: Building a Culture of Innovation and Taking 20% Time to the Next Level by Don Wettrick
12. The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
13. The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros
14. Ditch That Textbook by Matt Miller
15. Kids Deserve It by Todd Nesloney & Andy Welcome
16. Unshakable by Angela Watson
17. What Connected Educators Do Differently by Todd Whitaker
18. Launch by John Spencer
19. 40 Twitter Tips for Educators by Brad Curry
20. The Classroom Management Book by Wong & Wong
A "BIG" thank you to the following staff members:
- The Professional Development Committee for all their hard work and ideas to put our afternoon PD days together. Great job on individualizing PD!
- Drew Burris for running the elementary volleyball games ALL day on Saturday.
- Trish Carpenter, Kayla Redmon, Chad Blecke, Kim Davis and Christina Pittman for sending awesome classroom pictures for social media!
- Erin Purchase for her work in the nurse's office!
- Amber Breshears for all the time she takes to input student information in SIS.
- Miranda White for filling in where needed this week.
There is a SHOUT OUT board located in the work room for you to recognize other colleagues!
This Week In News
September 20: Corson in Admin Meeting @ 9 :00 am
September 21: Grades Updated, Board of Education Meeting @ 7:30 pm
September 22: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Arrow Rock
September 23: Picture Day
Please check or link the Elementary Important Dates & Deadlines to your calendar - this will be added to as things arise!
Car: Stratton/E. Purchase/Corson
Bus Riders: Stratton/E. Purchase/Corson
Walkers: Stratton/E. Purchase/Corson
Crosswalk: A. Purchase/Redmon
Highway Crosswalk: Redmon/A. Purchase
Nuts & Bolts
1. Professional Development Plans - Are due on October 14th by the end of the school day. Please be reflective on these and set specific, measurable, attainable goals for yourself. Ensure you will be able to provide evidence of these goals within our feedback meetings and during checkpoints throughout the year. Please send your PDP in electronic format. I look forward to watching your grow as educators this year!
2. Supervision of Students/Staff Children - Please be mindful that students and children in the building should be supervised at all times. No school-age student should be left in the building unattended for any reason, this includes athletes. During professional development afternoons, please make arrangements for children. Boys & Girls Club is available for free for employees of the district!
3. Elementary Important Dates & Deadlines Calendar - I try to keep this calendar updated as best as possible for all the events taking place in the building on a weekly/monthly basis. If you see anything I have missed, please let me know!
4. Planbook and Lesson Planning - You all are doing a great job with this! If you have questions regarding Planbook, please do not hesitate to ask. If I do not know the answer, I will try and find it or find someone who does. If I have a concern with your plans, I will let you know. Otherwise, keep up the great work!
5. Emergency Maps & Drills - I will have emergency evacuation maps hung in your classroom by next week. These maps will be custom for your classroom to make your evacuation route less confusing. We will practice the evacuation drill again once all maps have been placed in classrooms. Monthly drills will be conducted throughout the year to ensure we get all of our crisis procedures updated.
6. Student Attendance - Keep reiterating to your students the importance of being at school everyday! Our attendance is looking great so far and we want to keep our numbers up. If a student is not at school, families are being contacted on a daily basis. If you have a concern about where a student is, please see myself, Nicole or Amber B.