High Country News
Family Newsletter for September 2017
Living & Learning the Cougar Way
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Vision: Walking together on a journey to excellence!
The mission of High Country Elementary is to inspire each child to grow academically and emotionally into lifelong learners through supportive collaboration in a positive environment.
Core Values: What kind of prints do your PAWS make?
Work Toward Success
High Country Student Mission and Chant!
At High Country we want our students to know and live our mission, just like our families and staff do. In order to make this happen, we have designed a kid friendly mission statement and a chant that represent our focus and values as a campus. We will say our mission statement each day on the announcements and close with our High Country chant.
Student Friendly Mission Statement:
As High Country Cougars, we will reach our goals by being respectful and responsible, working together, and challenging ourselves to grow every day.
We're High Country Cougars
And we're ready to grow!
With respect and team work
We'll reach our goals!
- 9/4 Labor Day Holiday: No school
- 9/8 Cougar Spirit Day! Show your school spirit by wearing an HCE shirt or BLUE&GREEN!
- 9/12 Progress Reports Grades 2-5
- 9/12 College Colors Day!
- 9/14 Watch Dog Kickoff Pizza With Dads! 6:00-7:00 PM in HCE cafeteria.
- 9/15 Cougar Spirit Day! Show your school spirit by wearing an HCE shirt or BLUE&GREEN!
- 9/15 PTA Fundraiser Kickoff: Big Kahuna Fundraiser K-2@ 1:30, 3-5@ 2:00
- 9/22 Cougar Spirit Day! Show your school spirit by wearing an HCE shirt or BLUE&GREEN!
- 9/22 Grandparent's Day Luncheon! During lunch times in the cafeteria. More details to come!
- 9/29 Cougar Spirit Day! Show your school spirit by wearing an HCE shirt or BLUE&GREEN!
OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK
- 10/3 Progress Reports Grades 2-5
- 10/3 College Colors Day!
- 10/4 National Walk To School Day
- 10/9-10 FALL HOLIDAY No school for students
- 10/11 Fall Pictures This has been changed to October 20th!!
- 10/20 End First 9 Weeks
- 10/23-27 Red Ribbon Week!
Check back frequently as calendar is subject to change
Pick-up and Drop-off Reminders
Families, Thank you for a wonderful start to the school year. Here are a few reminders that will help everyone continue to work together smoothly in support of our Cougar learners.
- When dropping off at the curb in the morning, please pull all the way forward to allow maximum numbers of students to unload. Do NOT drop off in the middle lane!
- If you are walking with your child to the building, please only use crosswalks that have a crossing guard posted. This is important modeling of safety procedures for your child. Mind the crossing guard when you are pulling forward as well!
- Any time you enter the building, you MUST check in at the office and receive a visitor's sticker. This requires your driver's license or state ID.
Thank you for putting the safety of students first!
CAFETERIA NEED TO KNOWS
“Developing a respectful and responsible character is a skill every child needs in order to thrive, find fulfillment, and be an influence for good in society.” -2017 by Free Spirit Publishing-
I believe that character development is truly the foundation for lifelong learning. I will be teaching guidance lessons to all HCE students once a month on a different character trait.
September Character Trait is Kindness. I want to help instill in the students that any act of kindness, no matter how big or small, matters.