NBFAP Weekly Newsletter
February 15, 2016
What's Happening This Week...
Wednesday February 17:
- Intercessory Prayer 6:30pm
- Bible Study 7pm
Friday February 19:
- Choir Rehearsal 6:30pm: if you would like to become apart of the choir you are welcomed to come out.
Saturday February 20:
- Baptism Class 9am: if you desire to baptized please see Admin to sign up.
- Men's Fellowship 9am: all men are invited to come out for this time of fellowship.
- Adult Dance Ministry rehearsal 10am: if you would like to join the dance ministry you are invited to come out.
- Evangelism Outreach 11am: all that desire to become apart of the Evangelism team you are welcome to come out!
- Hebrews Cafe Game Night (Phase 10 Tournament): Everyone is invited to participate in this event. The time of the event is TBD.
Sunday February 21:
- TOK/Discipleship class 9:30am
- Sunday Service 11:15am
- Hebrews Cafe Phase 10 Tournament Finale: The time of the event is TBD.
Communicating With Your Spouse
Effective communication is one of the four pillars of marriage, to include financial stability, intimacy and God. thought all four of those are important I would like to focus on effective Communication and God. Communication is when two people are conversing one to another or a husband and wife are exchanging information between each other. It becomes effective when the exchanging of the information has positive results and allows two individuals to come together on one accord.
In Amos 3:3 the question posed is “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” Effective communication helps husbands and wives come to an agreement so that the two can walk together. It is important to know that healthy marriages thrive on effective communication; one method used by the enemy to divide and conquer marriages is the lack of communication. When communication ceases, various issues and problems are allowed to linger, and major disruptions in the marriage transpire. However, when effective communication is present, the husband and wife are able to come together to solve every issue and problem that may arise.
Effective communication can be challenging at times. One’s pride, fear of conflict, self-esteem, and the inability to listen. These are just a few obstacles that may stand in the way of sound communication. At times when communication is at its worst, the husband and the wife should look to God. When we ask God for wisdom in communicating with our spouses, we will experience God changing our spouse and our view of communication as well. In this process we will begin to notice a change in how we both come together and communicate. One may also find that communication becomes enjoyable. When we invite God in, He removes the stress from communication and allows both the husband and wife to be free to communicate. Effective communication is one of the keys to a successful marriage. As a husband and wife cleave and pray (communicate) to God, so must a couple cleave and communicate with one another.
Deacon and Minister Johnson
In Case You Missed It...
Pastor Mickey taught about dying to your flesh daily. "Dying ain't easy, but it's necessary." There are things in our lives that we have made an idol and put them before God, "what are you a spokes person for." Then Apostle Daniels taught about submitting to God. We must resist, submit, and the enemy will flee.
Dying to our flesh daily will be a vehicle in order to fully submit to God.
NBFAP Admin Team
Pray for Min Cooper
NBFAP Admin Team
Remember The Deployed
CW2 Raby, Erica
46th Transportation CO.
Unit # 15382
APO, AP 96257
SSG Raby, Brent
APO, AE 09330
APO AE 09330
APO AP 96224