Carver Middle School Newsletter
March 10, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Hopefully everyone had a great weekend as students and staff members enjoyed an additional day off Friday. Last week was a busy one as our eighth graders took the Writing SOL and the Foreign Language Department packed the house Thursday Night with an excellent Foreign Language Banquet. Thank you to the scores of parents and guardians who attended and donated dishes to make the banquet a huge success!
We have another important week ahead of us as Eighth garde students will take the multiple choice portion of the Reading SOL Tuesday 3/12/19. Please be sure to make sure that your students are well rested, well feed and well prepared to do their best on the SOL Tuesday morning.
This week also marks the start of Spring Sports. Please come out to show you support for Carver MS sports. Also please use the link below to support Carver Middle School Athletics.
Thank you and let's have a great week Cougars!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
March 12- 8th Grade Writing SOL (Multiple Choice)
March 12- Girls Soccer @ Carver, 3:00 pm
March 13- Track & Field @ Davis, 2:30 pm
March 14- Girls Soccer @ Davis, 2:30 pm
March 27-28- MAP Testing
March 29- Student 3 hour early release
- CCPS STEAM EXPO 2019- March 16 at CTC HULL 7:30-12:30- A new school challenge was added this year. In the school challenge, school groups made of students, family members, and teachers will be given a unique challenge to build from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. Schools are invited to bring unique recyclable materials to be used in this event. If you have any questions concerning STEAM EXPO, please contact your student's science teacher.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat lunch in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.