February 11, 2018
Monday, February 12th
- Guest speaker on campus
- Eagles Basketball at Millsap (last game of the season)
Wednesday, February 14th
- Valentine's Day (Val-o-grams for sale: details below)
- 8th-grade Debate Class field trip
Thursday, February 15th
- Daddy/Daughter Dance at BES PK - 5th (click here for more details)
Friday, February 16th
- End of the 4th Six Weeks
- UIL Movie in Mineral Wells (details below)
- Valentine's Dance: 6th - 8th grade Brock students only (details below)
Monday, February 19th
- President's Day - No School
Tuesday, February 20th
- Paradise Track Meet at 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 21st
- 6th grade Math Benchmark
Friday, February 23rd
- Soaring Eagle Breakfast
- AR Movie Day - 5th
- Report Cards Home
Saturday, February 24th
- DI Competition
UIL Celebration Day
The Brock Junior High Student Council is selling Valentine Candy Grams during all lunches through Tuesday, February 13th. All Valentine Grams will be delivered on Valentine’s Day at school. Any BJH student may purchase a candy gram for $2 to be delivered to any BJH student in grades 5 – 8. The grams are “cutely wrapped full-size candies” and proceeds benefit The American Heart Association.
Lady Eagles Basketball District Results
8A - 2nd place
8B - Co-district champions
7A - 2nd place
7B - 2nd place
Great job this season to all players!
BJH Valentine's Dance 6th - 8th grade
Who: 6th, 7th & 8th grade Brock Students only
Date: Friday, February 16th
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Cost: $5.00 admission
Snacks & candy $1.00
Bottled Sodas $2.00
**Dress code does apply.*
Brock Junior High will begin offering a Choir club during Eagle Period on Mondays and Wednesdays. The choir will meet in the band room.The club is open to any student in 6-8th grade who is passing all classes. Band students are welcome also.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Judd in the art room or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
STAAR Testing Dates
7th grade Writing
5th & 8th grade Math
April 11th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Reading
May 7th - 11th
Algebra EOC - testing window - specific day TBD
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.