Puritans & The Ten Commandments
How They Lived & The Rules
- The Puritans were a very strict group of people who had their own set of rules to live by.
- They had a 10 rules that are similar to the Ten Commandments but differ by a lot.
- They also followed the Ten Commandments but also followed their own rules.
- They couldn't dance or sing, or even decorate their house. Kids could not show emotion or play with toys.
- They couldn't have an opinion that doesn't agree with the entire community.
- They had severe consequences for anyone who breaks those rules, which is being hanged or banished.
- People who even tried to threaten the world were either banished into the woods or were killed, sometimes accused of witchcraft.
- Puritans had very strong beliefs in the Bible and their lifestyle was limited and strict.