Long Beach & Capo Eagles
A Message from Opportunities For Learning
Dear OFL Families,
Following the advice of public health professionals, we have decided to extend distance learning measures through months one and two of the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. All students should be prepared to continue working remotely until at least August 25th, 2020. However, during this time OFL leadership will remain in contact with government and health officials and make arrangements to open campuses sooner if feasible. We will contact you immediately should there be additional changes to the distance learning timeline.
Parents, we understand the extension of distance learning may also extend logistical obstacles for you and your family. Please know that this decision was not made lightly. Ultimately, the health of OFL students, families, and staff is our primary concern. We’ll open campus doors again once our state officials and public health experts advise it is prudent to do so, and there is a plan in place to accommodate incoming students safely and effectively.
We’re grateful that the blended learning model here at OFL was so uniquely positioned to move students and instruction to remote platforms seamlessly. Despite the challenges we’ve all faced recently, we hope that you’ve found our approach to distance learning to be effective and enjoyable. OFL teachers and staff are committed to helping you work toward and achieve your academic and personal goals.
If you find yourself struggling during this period - physically, emotionally, &/or academically - please reach out to your teacher or an OFL staff member as soon as possible. We’re here to support you! The sooner we know about your struggles, the sooner we can arrange to get you some help. OFL has a wide range of support staff available to assist you, including counselors, tutors, and intervention specialists to name a few. Also, please be sure to follow OFL on social media so you can stay abreast of program changes related to COVID-19.
Thank you again for your flexibility and resilience during this time. We’re honored to have you as a part of our OFL family.
Opportunities For Learning Leadership
30 de abril de 2020
Estimadas familias de OFL:
Siguiendo los consejos de los profesionales de la salud pública, hemos decidido extender las medidas de aprendizaje a distancia durante los meses uno y dos del próximo año escolar 2020-2021. Todos los estudiantes deben estar preparados para continuar trabajando de forma remota hasta al menos el 25 de agosto de 2020. Sin embargo, durante este tiempo, los líderes de OFL permanecerán en contacto con el gobierno y los funcionarios de salud y harán los arreglos para abrir los campus más pronto si es posible. Nos comunicaremos con usted de inmediato en caso de que haya cambios adicionales en la línea de tiempo del aprendizaje a distancia.
Padres, entendemos que la extensión del aprendizaje a distancia también puede extender los obstáculos logísticos para usted y su familia. Tenga en cuenta que esta decisión no se tomó a la ligera. En última instancia, la salud de los estudiantes, las familias y el personal de OFL es nuestra principal preocupación. Abriremos las puertas del campus nuevamente una vez que nuestros funcionarios estatales y expertos en salud pública aconsejen que sea prudente hacerlo, y que haya un plan para acomodar a los estudiantes que ingresan de manera segura y efectiva.
Estamos agradecidos de que el modelo de aprendizaje combinado aquí en OFL estuviera en una posición única para mover a los estudiantes y la instrucción a plataformas remotas sin problemas. A pesar de los desafíos que todos hemos enfrentado recientemente, esperamos que haya encontrado que nuestro enfoque del aprendizaje a distancia sea efectivo y agradable. Los maestros y el personal de OFL están comprometidos a ayudarlo a trabajar y alcanzar sus metas académicas y personales.
Si tiene dificultades durante este período, física, emocional y / o académicamente, comuníquese con su maestro o un miembro del personal de OFL lo antes posible. ¡Estamos aquí para apoyarte! Cuanto antes sepamos acerca de sus dificultades, antes podremos hacer arreglos para obtener ayuda. OFL tiene una amplia gama de personal de apoyo disponible para ayudarlo, incluidos asesores, tutores y especialistas en intervención, por nombrar algunos. Además, asegúrese de seguir OFL en las redes sociales para estar al tanto de los cambios en el programa relacionados con COVID-19.
Gracias nuevamente por su flexibilidad y resistencia durante este tiempo. Nos honra tenerte como parte de nuestra familia OFL.
Oportunidades para Aprender Liderazgo
Ren Star Testing Coming Soon
Testing will take place virtually and will begin May 4th.
Please contact your student's teacher if you have any questions.
Recurring Events that take place weekly
Every Tuesday from 2-3 pm for Parents
Contact email@example.com for the meeting link
Every Wednesday from 3-4 pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting link
Update on Meals, COVID Testing, Childcare and More (Actualización acerca de las comidas, pruebas de COVID, cuidado de niños y más)
It's Important to Remember The Good During Our Current Situation
Some Good News
Taking Care of Yourself During Quarantine
Fun Scavenger Hunts to Do While Staying "Safe at Home"
North Long Beach Graduates
Signal Hill Graduates
Get to Know Virtual Staff
For our students and families that attend OFL Capistrano
CREER Food Distribution
To provide our local chambers and your Spanish speaking business owners with up-to-date COVID-19 information and resources, the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) leadership has partnered with the SBDC to bring you updates from subject matter experts in Spanish.
The CHCC Foundation SBDC Affiliate Program cordially invites you and your members to join us for the Recursos para Pequeños Negocios on the following dates:
- Thursday, April 30, 2020 | 10:30AM - 11:30AM
We hope that you will share this opportunity with your membership and Spanish speaking business owners in your community. We look forward to you and your members participating in these important updates and sharing of information.
To register, use this link: https://bit.ly/2V65Pjg
More news from the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce
Congress reaches deal on $480 billion package to help small businesses and hospitals, expand testing
Congressional negotiators have reached a deal on a roughly $480 billion relief package that includes hundreds of billions of dollars in new funding for small businesses hurt by the coronavirus outbreak. The package also includes money for hospitals and expanded COVID-19 testing.
Lawmakers will try to pass it in the Senate at 4 p.m. ET when the chamber convenes for a pro forma session. Lawmakers will have the opportunity to approve the deal either by unanimous consent or voice vote, meaning most senators would not need to return to Washington, DC, during the pandemic.
The total price tag of the bill is approximately $484 billion. The full legislative text has not available for release.
What's in the new small business relief bill
A section-by-section analysis shows the deal will authorize the Paycheck Protection Program to spend an additional $310 billion.
Of the $310 billion authorized for the Paycheck Protection Program, $60 billion will be set aside for smaller lending facilities, including "community financial institutions, small insured depository institutions and credit unions with assets less than $10 billion."
There will also be $10 billion for grants under the Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, $50 billion for disaster recovery loans and $2.1 billion for additional salaries and expenses for the Small Business Administration.
PRESIDENT & CEO
CALIFORNIA HISPANIC CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
The San Juan Capistrano Chamber of Commerce is here to assist your business in these uncertain times. Please feel free to reach out, member or not, email@example.com or (949) 493-4700.
Keep up to date on all things San Juan Capistrano!
Our local restaurants need your support now more than ever! Quite a lot are still open to serve you via pick up, curbside pick up or delivery.
Check the link below to see what you can order!
Lists are continuously updated.
Do more! Support the local businesses by purchasing a gift card now to use when they open again.
Grocery Store Hours - Markets store times are subject to change for restocking and cleaning.
If you have questions, contact the store directly.
- Vons - 32401 Camino Capistrano 7am-9pm (pharmacy closes at 8:30pm)
- Traders Joe's - 32151 Camino Capistrano 9am-7pm (8am -9am for seniors 60+ and disabled (closed 4/12 for Easter)
- Marbella Market - 31109 Rancho Viejo Rd 8am-8pm (7am-8am for seniors)
- Costco - 33961 Doheny Park Rd M-F Limit 2 people per membership card. 10am-6:30pm, Sat 9:30am-6pm, Sun 10am-6pm. Open for Seniors Tues, Wed, & Thur from 8am-9am, First Responder Hours Sun & Mon 8am-9:45am with valid ID and entry through the back receiving area (closed 4/12 for Easter)
- Mercado El Rey - 32252 Camino Capistrano 7am -8pm
Please check businesses website or call for updated information
Essential Businesses are open in accordance with City, County, State, and Federal Laws. Always call the business to verify that they are open and ready for you.
Tacos available to order M-F from Swallows Inn
Businesses open! at Plaza Del Obispo!
Open 12pm to 4pm (Except Thursday)
As an "essential" business, Chick's Plumbing is open and ready to help our customers with their plumbing problems. We also have a special discount for all Chamber members of 10% off (total discount not to exceed $150).
Is your place of business open?
Email blasts will be sent twice a week or as needed.
Send a JPEG file only to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
Food Resources for Families
Families Forward: Drive Through Food Bank
- Drive through service including food and diapers
- Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618
Mariners Church: Food Pantry*
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: 949-769-8131
- Location: 5001 Newport Coast Dr, Irvine, CA 92603
Saddleback Church: Peace Community Resource Center Food Pantry
- Fresh and nonperishable grocery items, packages contain 5 days worth of food
- Families may receive assistance once every 30 days
- Locations: Anaheim, Irvine South, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Rancho Capistrano, San Clemente
South County Outreach: Appointment Only Food Pantry
- Food distribution will be by appointment only. Any shopper coming without an appointment will be directed to call the hotline.
- Phone: Pantry Hotline at 949-380-8144 ext. 207
- Location: 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618
Food Resources for Children
OC School Grab and Go Meals: Comprehensive list of all OC Schools
- Orange County Department of Education has prepared a master list of all school locations in Orange County where families can pick up food.
Food Resources for Seniors
Age Well Senior Services: On the Go Food for Seniors
- Senior Center Grab and Go Lunch
- Can get up to 3 meals
- Locations: Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar, San Clemente
Alzheimer's Orange County: Grocery Stores with Special Senior Hours
Irvine: Meals of Wheels
- Irvine Meals on Wheels provides nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals to senior residents or other individuals who cannot prepare or shop for meals themselves.
- Delivered Monday through Friday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 724-6927
- Location: 20 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604
Office on Aging: Seniors with any need, please call 1-800-510-2020
- Extended Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Languages: English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Provides services that promotes health and well being for seniors
- Phone: (949) 855-8033
- Location: 23101 Lake Center Drive, Suite 325, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Services for blind and visually impaired adults. While their classes and services are temporarily suspended, they are here to provide support during the “safer-at-home” mandate by phone or online.
- Health Insurance Counseling, Concierge Care Navigators, Answer Resource Guides, Senior Protection Program, etc.
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Location: 2 Executive Circle, Suite 175, Irvine, CA 92614
- In this time of separation, Well Connected and Well Connected Español are here to provide support—to provide laughs, intellectual stimulation, inspiration, conversation and more, all via groups you can join from home, by phone or online.
- Phone: (877) 797-7299
- Offer free care planning service to seniors of any income, insurance, and/or health condition.
- Help people learn about great healthcare resources, housing with assistance for low income/disabled seniors and many great programs to seniors improve their quality of life.
- EISOA Program: Early Intervention Services for Older Adults
- Offers comprehensive services to adults 60+ experiencing emotional challenges and health barriers
- Languages: English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
Mental Health Services