NCVPS ESPAÑOL 3
WEEK 8, AUGUST 6-10
WITH SRA. BEVERLY AGUIRRE
Please speak with your student and make sure they complete all units of the class including the Final Required Live Class, the Final Exam and the Final Project.
There are two parts to the Final Project. There is the project itself (Part 1) and a reflection in English (Part 2). The Final Project/Exam count 20% of a student's final grade. 10% for the Final Project and 10% for the Final Exam.
When completing the exam section -- there is only one attempt. The exam consists of about 5 sections with approximately 30 questions. It is not timed.
The class will close this Friday, August 10, at 11:55 pm when all work is due along with the Final Exam/Final Project. I will have everything graded (hopefully) by Monday morning, August 13. I will be submitting grades for my grade report on Monday night, August 13. I will contact a student if there is a problem with the link that they have submitted for their project or any questions that I may have.
This week we are also working on Unit 8, Las Artes. Please note this unit has 5 lessons. Students need to finish Unit 8 by Friday, August 10. There are 14 assignments for Unit 8.
Final Project info
Some tips for the Final Project!
- Don't forget that the Final Project has two parts, the project and a reflection (the reflection is in English).
- Make sure to do both parts!
- Use a web 2.0 tool.
- Make sure to have an audio that is separate from your narrative. (Don't read your narrative for your audio.)
- Make sure to have a Works Cited for pictures even if the pictures are your own or from the Web 2.0 tool.
- Make sure you have vocabulary and grammar from each unit!
- Write good sentences, don't make lists of vocabulary words.
- Proofread your project before submitting.
- Make sure to do both your Final exam (10% of your final grade) and Final Project (10% of your final grade) .
Change in the procedure for Unit 7/8 project
In order to help students complete the final assignments this week, we made a change in the U7/8 project which will now be a part of the Final Project. Below are the directions given to the students in an announcement last Monday, July 30. As always please let me know if you have any questions.
- Instead of a Units 7/8 project like you have completed for the other projects this summer, you are going to create 3 extra slides linking units 7 (las carreras y el trabajo) and unit 8 (el arte) as part of the final project. You will receive a grade for these extra slides which will count as your Unit 7/8 project.
- You will put these slides in your Final Project, due Friday, August 10 @ 11:55pm when your Final Project and Final Exam are due.
- You are going to describe 3 different careers as an artist (singer, architecture, painter, composer, etc). For each one you should answer these questions with content:
- ¿qué tendrá que estudiar o aprender para vivir de su profesión? (use the future verb tense)
- ¿qué tendría que hacer este artista para encontrar trabajo? (use the conditional verb tense)
- ¿qué es lo bueno y lo malo de ser artista? (use LO + adjective constructions)
- ¿a qué artista de este tipo de arte admiras? [use "qué" and "cómo" to express surprise or admiration]
- Make sure you use the grammar requested and vocabulary from the units.
- Cite your pictures.
- Include an audio different than your written narrative.
- Check listas de vocabulario.