HFRCS Newsletter SY 2022-2023
September 13, 2022 - Vol.2 Issue 3
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is indeed a blessing that we have all our students now in school, having welcomed our PK and Kindergarten students yesterday! We are now complete and can begin our school year! Our specials classes also began this week, so our students are experiencing art, music, physical education, Spanish and technology! The breakfast and lunch program also began this week, so we are truly underway!
This Wednesday and Thursday, our parents are invited to attend Back to School Night. On Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM, parents of our students in grades 1-5 should attend. On Thursday evening at 7:00 PM, we welcome parents of students in grades 5-8. (5th grade parents may choose to attend either or both sessions) When you arrive at school, please go to your child’s homeroom classroom. On Wednesday evening, there will be two 30-minute sessions, so that parents with children in more than one grade can visit all teachers. On Thursday evening, parents will have the opportunity to visit with all middle school teachers. Please make sure to attend Back to School Night!
As we navigate these first days of school, we consistently tweak and refine our arrival and dismissal routines. Our sending school districts are working with us to ensure timely arrival and dismissal of buses. In today’s newsletter there are tips for parents to follow that will assist in making morning carline drop off safe and efficient. We appreciate your cooperation with morning drop-off.
This week we began our school lunch program. Many parents have elected to have their child receive lunch every day. Please be aware that if you choose that option, your child needs to come up to the lunch line and take a lunch every day. Lunches are prepared based on the number of lunches ordered. If your child does not like particular lunches being served, it would be best to order monthly, selecting only the lunches your child will eat. Having a free lunch provided is a wonderful service for our students and families, but we are very cognizant of waste. We encourage our parents to use this service to provide a healthy lunch that their child will enjoy.
This afternoon, our Catholic students in grades 3-8 received the Sacrament of Reconciliation. After a brief penance service, students were directed to a priest to make their confession. On Friday, we will have our Opening of School Mass at 9:30 AM. Monsignor McCormac will be our main celebrant and will be joined by Father Weber. Our 8th grade will be leading us in this liturgy. Come and join us as we praise and thank God for another school year.
This Friday evening, our Home and School is sponsoring a Back to School Bingo and Ice Cream Social! Doors open at 6:30 PM and Bingo begins at 7:00 PM. There will be guest bingo callers and special guests scooping ice cream! Come and celebrate our first week back at school! I look forward to greeting all of you at Back to School Night and see you at the Back to School Bingo!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Luke 15: 1-32
Remember to go to Mass this weekend!
Thank you for your patience as we sort out challenges in our morning carline now that we have all students attending school. Rest assured the process will become smoother as everyone becomes familiar with the process. Please note:
- Cars should line up in lanes at the church parking lot. It is a first-in, first-out procedure.
- When lining up in the church parking lot, Lane 1, closest to the school, should be filled up first before lining up on Lane 2, etc.
- Carline drop-off starts at 7:40 AM. Lane 1 will pull up to the Parish Center and proceed to the drop-off area where staff will greet and assist the students out of their cars.
- Once all cars in Lane 1 have pulled up to the Parish Center, Lane 2 can follow, etc.
Here are some reminders to help get all our students in the building on time:
- Have the students exit by the right passenger side (if possible) so they can safely proceed to the sidewalk.
- Parents should stay in their vehicles at all times. Please say your goodbyes while waiting in line.
- Have the students ready to go with their belongings (e.g. backpack, water bottles, coats. etc), so they do not leave anything behind.
Forms to Return to School
Students brought home forms that need to be signed and returned to school. These forms are:
- Photo Release Waiver Form
- Student Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Form - Family Handbook can be found here.
- Student and Parent Electronic Device Agreement with Optional Insurance - Grades 3-8 only
- Emergency & Medical Information
- Student Dismissal Information - Grades K-8 only
- Optional Student Covid Rapid Testing Consent Form
Please return the completed forms to school as soon as possible. We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.
Setting Up Access to FACTS Family Portal
- Sep 13 (Tue): Grades 3-8 Reconciliation @ 1:00 PM
- Sep 14 (Wed): Grades 1-5 Back to School Night @ 7:00 PM
- Sep 15 (Thu): Grades 5-8 Back to School Night @ 7:00 PM
- Sep 16 (Fri): Opening Mass @ 9:30 AM
- Sep 23 (Fri): Student Council $1 Dress Down Day (gold/yellow)
- Sep 27 (Tue): Picture Day
From the Enrollment Office
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- Sept 16: Back to School Gift Card Bingo & Ice Cream Social. See flyer for details. Please RSVP using the signup genius link
- Nov 12: Designer Bag Bingo - Tickets are now on sale for $30/each. See flyer for details.
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
New Spirit Wear!
New Spiritwear coming soon! These items will be available for purchase at our Back to School Bingo and Ice Cream Social on Friday, September 16!
Join Cub Scouts Pack 168 and Scouts BSA Troop 168!
Cub Scouts meet on Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 PM and Scouts BSA meet on Tuesdays 7:00-8:30 PM at First Methodist Church of Fairless Hills, 840 Trenton Road Fairless Hills, PA 19030. For more information, contact N. Sonnie at 215-939-6411 or email@example.com.
***** CYO NEWS *****
Basketball registration is now open for 4th grade through high school only. Link is below. Please share the link as much as possible. Registration will remain open until October 13th as this is when our team data sheets need to be turned into the Region for team counts. The Pee-Wee's registration (K thru 3rd grade) will open in December. They will not start their season until after the new year.
When sharing the link, please make sure to review your child's teamsnap profile to make sure all information is current (especially the grade level!).
Any questions/issues with the teamsnap system can be directed to
Liz Aizen @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Any basketball related questions can be directed to
Mike Meehan @ email@example.com
John Chapman @ Jchapman3557@gmail.com
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Saturday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Included is this week's winnings. Next week's jackpot prize is $43,000!