Jefferson County Junior High School
MASTER SCHEDULES REVISED
- Master Schedules have been revised to be uniformed across the district for students grades K-8.
- Students will have live ZOOM sessions Monday- Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Students will work independently the rest of the day utilizing the CANVAS platform.
- Students have been given their homeroom class teacher and new schedule for their daily classes. (Check your child's email. )
- Attendance is being captured daily for ALL classes.
TWO WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION BEFORE NINE WEEKS EXAMS!
- Please make sure your child is current on all assignments.
- Teachers will be continuing lessons and start reviewing for nine weeks assessments.
- It is important for your child to log on during the scheduled zoom session, check Canvas and their emails for updates.
- All Instructional Packets must be returned to the school of students who are still having technical issues in order to receive grades.
- Instructional Packets can be delivered to the school on the outside table located at the Junior High Entrance.
- Make sure all packets are labeled with your child's full name and grade.
- Your child has received their pre-assessment results at this time. Please check your child's email to review this information.
- Students can score between a 1-5 on these assessments that mimic the state exam given at the end of the school year.
- We are asking that you discuss the importance of doing their best to provide the best results for planning individualized instruciton.
- iReady results are being analyzed for the begining of the year Assessments.
- Students will begin utilizing iReady for their prescriptive lessons this week through Clever. Check your child's master schedule that identifies the time that they should spend independently on this program.
- Many students rushed through the exam and were flagged. Please discuss with your child the importance of this assessment. Based on the results your child will be given assignments within that particular grade level span. They will have to test out of the lessons to move higher.
- IMPORTANT...If your child has not taken the iReady Assessment for ELA and Math ONLY please contact the Jr.High School so that we can make arrangements for them to do so on-site.
NINE WEEKS EXAMS
- Nine Weeks Exams will be given during the week of October 1st- October 9th.
- Please make sure your child is in attendance to complete these assessments to receive their 9wks grades.
- If you are still having internet issues contact the school immediately.
1st Home Game of the Season has been postponed till October 1st, 2020.
Boys and Girls Tryouts on October 5,6, and 7, 2020.
MONTHLY BOOK OF THE MONTH AND CHARACTER TRAIT
Book of the Month- Off to School by Susan Hughes
- Laptop covers can be picked up from the Jr. High School office.
- Ready textbooks can be received from the Jr. High School teacher.
- Instructional Packets can be received from the school and must be returned for grading.
- Zoom sessions will be held from 8:00-12:00.
- Students will use Canvas and transition from Google Classroom.
- Students will work daily independently based on the revised master schedule.