Fontana Student Services Newsletter
RESOURCES, TIPS, TRICKS, AND MORE!
Last Book Club Group📚!
Join us for our last book club group on Tuesday March 5th at Fontana School at 4 PM to discuss the ending of the book, Raising Good Humans. Do not worry if you missed our previous groups, join us for good conversation! Reach out to Nikki Christensen with any questions (email@example.com).
Free Wellness Event Saturday March 9th 9:00am-1:00pm❤️!
Join a free event to explore wellness, relaxation, and rejuvenation at Elkhorn Area High School. There will be wellness experts from our community to provide hands-on experiences to explore different wellness paths which include:
-Line dancing & more!
Free Community Meal🍔!
Free Community Meal!
There will be a free dinner on the first Wednesday of every month at the Community Church of Fontana (275 Kinzie Ave, Fontana, WI 53125) from 4-6 PM. They will also have their thrift shop open at this time. All are welcome!
Housing, Groceries, & Gas Assistance 🏠🍞🚗
The Parenting Network: More free workshops and discussion groups for parents including Dealing with Disobedience, Taming Temper Tantrums, Behavior at School, Self-Esteem, and Bullying. More information here: https://www.theparentingnetwork.org/triple-p-registration
Parents United: Free workshops for parents and professionals, which can now be attended virtually! Workshop topics include: Supporting students with ADHD, Resiliency, Mindfulness, and from ACES to Assets. More information here: http://parentsunitedwi.org/events/list/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe-bar-date=2020-10-05
23-24 Wellness Groups
Weekend Lunches- Sign up now!
Health & Wellness Resources for Kids!
- Goodwill vouchers are available on a case by case basis for those in need.
- Please reach out to Nikki Christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-275-6881 #219).
Free Monthly Seminars
- At the James A. Wehner Auditorium at Elkhorn Area High School you can join a free monthly seminar brought to you by the Elkhorn Resilience Coalition.
- Third Wednesday of the month
- 6 PM to 7:30 PM
- Doors open at 5:30 PM, limit 75 in-person attendees.
Parenting/Mental Health Support
- FREE workshops and discussion groups for parents include building self-esteem, raising resilient children, bullying, and more!
- For more information: The Parenting Network
Sound Bath Experience!
Kim Lempart offers private and individual sessions for 60 or 90 minutes in her home or yours. See flyer below for more information regarding sound baths and specific information for upcoming sound baths.
Please feel free to contact her via this email, email@example.com
20 Coping Skills for Children & Adults!
- write it out and throw it out
- write a letter to yourself or someone else
- give yourself a hug
- rub your ears
- hold your own hand
Use your body
- push against a wall
- yoga: child's pose, downward dog
- walk in nature
- put technology away
- imagine a train of thoughts
- identify five senses
- focus on your breath
- guided meditations
- make a picture for someone
- write someone a letter
Free Early Childhood Parenting Resource
Just in Time Parenting
Finding reliable parenting information and advice on the web can be overwhelming! How do you know what you can trust - especially when you are busy and there's just so little time? Just in Time Parenting is a free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child's age and needs.