Why Are They Famous?
Megan's law was crated in response to the murder of the 7 year old. Megan's law requires convicted sex offenders to notify the local police department when they move into a neighborhood.
- Megan's law is the federal version of The Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offenders Registration Act
- Megan's law was passed in 1996
- Jesse Temmedquas lured Megan by inviting her to see his puppy who had two prior convictions for sexual offenses
- Jesse and his 2 room mates were all convicted sex offenders
- The house where Magan was killed has been knocked down and in its place a park
Remained in death row until 2007 when the New Jersey abolished the states death penalty .This ban resulted in Temmendequas`s sentence being commuted to life in prison without prole
Megan`s family as president Clinton sings Megan's law