One stop shop for all of your resources
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
Welcome Holt Bolt families to the new school year!
Holt staff are excited to start the new school year-even though it looks different. We are here to support you and your family in many ways. This newsletter will provide valuable resources for you and your family.
This newsletter will be updated weekly so be sure to check back often for valuable community resources and information.
Please reach out to me if you or your child/ren need support. I am available M-F from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by phone or email. My building phone number is 541-790-6134. My Google number can receive calls and texts. That number is 541-972-3385. My email is email@example.com.
I look forward to working with you and your child/ren throughout this school year!
This newsletter will be updated weekly- keep checking back to find the most up to date information and resources for you and your family.
I am going into my fourth year at Holt. I have three great dogs and two wonderful adult sons. I love to craft, go walking, and work in my yard. I also enjoy working with all of the fabulous students and families at Holt.
How to translate the newsletter to your native language
When viewing the newsletter – to the right of the newsletter is a box titled Accessibility.
In that box click on Translate newsletter
Scroll to your native language and click.
You can also adjust font size and contrast from the accessibility box
I wanted to be sure you all had quick access to support resources available statewide through Lines for Life and other partners.
- Lines for Life has recently launched a COVID-19 Emotional Support Line that is also being tapped to receive calls regarding the wildfires. Callers do not have to be in crisis to utilize this line and access supportive listening, compassion, and connection to resources. This line is 24/7 and the number is 855-238-8644 (non-800-number version is 503-575-3761)
- The YouthLine is a teen-to-teen support and crisis helpline for youth. Students in your district can text, call, chat, or email with us from 4-10PM every day of the week. Visit www.oregonyouthline.org for more information. YouthLine is operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Student Suicide Assessment Line is available Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM, to assist with student suicide assessments and safety planning at 503-575-3760. School staff can also call this line for consultation.
- The Oregon Family Support Network has a supportive helpline available for parents of children that are experiencing mental health concerns. On this line, parents can speak with other parents that have gone through similar challenges. Find more information at www.reachoutoregon.org
HOOTS (Helping Out Our Teens in Schools)
HOOTS (Helping Out Our Teens in Schools) is offering mental health support by phone for students, families, and staff of 4J high schools during school closures. The phone line is accessible from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday and is staffed by crisis counselors who normally work HOOTS clinic or work on CAHOOTS. Video support is available from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on weekdays and is accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your name and preferred time. HOOTS is able to provide short term counseling and mental health support, resource referrals and OHP sign up. Students, families and staff of 4J please call (541)246-2342.
A chat-line for students. Teens are available to help daily from 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time via call, text, chat or email (adults are available by phone at all other times). YouthLine is a free, confidential teen-to-teen crisis and help line. No problem is too big or too small for the Youthline!
The Trevor Project
A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth via call, text, and chat: 866-488-7386
Lines for Life
Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the United States, anytime, about any type of crisis. A live, trained Crisis Text Line Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from our secure online platform. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
Safe Oregon, the 24/7 statewide school safety tip line, is here for you; for all students and the whole community. Anonymously or confidentially report student safety concerns (suicidal ideation/thoughts, cyberbullying, child abuse, drug/alcohol abuse, etc.) and we will pass this information to school personnel and law enforcement (when necessary).
MCKENZIE FIRE: Updated 9/11/2020
Below you will find the latest Evacuation Map for the McKenzie Fire.
Updated information is available here or by clicking on the map.
An Oregon Wildfire Aid Master Doc is available here, for wildfire related resources.
Remember to keep your cell phone charged and a charger with you should you need to reach family and friends to let them know you are safe.
Facebook has a "marked safe" feature that has proven helpful in disasters to update family and friends of safety from disaster; it can be found here.
You can sign up for public alerts here.
Additional resource information for wildfires can be found here.
SAMHSA has a Disaster Distress Helpline -- call 1-800-985-55990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
Please stay safe out there.
People can email, call, or text. Here is the link for specific Coronavirus information.
FOOD: Free Meals for Children and Youth
Meal distribution sites will reopen September 14, 2020, with expanded serving hours and locations. Families can choose the location that is most convenient for them, regardless of where they live or attend school.
Free grab-and-go meals will be available for all 4J students and youth 18 years old and younger at least until December 2020.
Beginning Sept. 14: Monday–Friday, 10:45 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (subject to change based on participation)
Meal site locations available here.
First day of school
Monday, Sep. 21st, 8am
This is an online event.
Community Food Resources
Community food resources for families in need include:Trillium Produce Plus
Needing a way to calm you or your child's mind and body?
This site offers 15 guided lessons for kids and adults and is great for relaxing the mind and body.
This link will take you to MindYeti
Talking to your child/ren during these racially charged times.
Gratitude Scavenger Hunt for Kids
1. Find something outside you enjoy looking at
2. Find something that is useful for you
3. Find something that is your favorite color
4. Find something you know someone else will enjoy
5. Find something that makes you happy
6. Find something that tastes good
7. Find something that smells amazing
8. Discover something new
9. Find something that makes you feel safe
10. Find something that makes a beautiful sound
11. Find someone you are grateful for
12. Find something that is unique to you
13. Find something that makes you laugh
14. Find something in the night that you enjoy
15. Find something in the morning that you enjoy
16. Find a friend/pet that you love spending time with
17. Find your favorite place to spend alone time
18. Find something that reminds you of the people you love
19. Find something that you enjoy doing outside with friends
20. Find a place that you love
From ABCs to ACTs
Make Me Genius
Fuel the Brain
And many more! Be sure to check it out for fun educational learning.
4J Partnership with Comcast
Internet Assistance - Comcast 4J Partnership
4J has established a partnership with Comcast that enable 4J to cover the cost of 12 months of Internet Essentials for families that qualify. Families wanting to apply for assistance need to complete the form linked below.
Families may also call 541-790-7757 (English) or 541-790-7758 (Spanish) and leave their callback information. This opportunity is active until the end of December. https://www.4j.lane.edu/2020/08/free-internet-for-students-in-need/
Asistencia a Internet – Comcast y 4J Asociación
4J ha establecido un asociación con Comcast que permite a 4J cubrir el costo de 12 mese de Internet Essentials para las familias que califican
Las familias también pueden llamar a 541-790-7757 (inglés) o al 541-790-7758 (español) y dejar su información de devolución de llamada. Esta oportunidad está disponible hasta finales de diciembre. https://www.4j.lane.edu/communications/coronavirus/internet-access/