Super Star News Update
December 7 - December 11
"Creativity takes courage." --Henri Matisse
What a week we have in store! Thank you for your commitment to extend, create, inspire, and capture the imaginations and pulsing hearts of our students. This week will be challenging, potentially exhausting! Remember to Breathe! We can do this, together.
Thank you for being All-In. Our community respects you, is cheering you on, and is asking how they can journey alongside our students. We can do this, together--and we shall!
Items to Note
- Peppermint Village Gift Shop, Dec 7-11: Please continue to send the contact information for parent volunteers to Letitia and/or Rosa. Thank you, Rosa, for coordinating this opportunity for our students!
- The Giving Tree: Thank you, Lisa, Elizabeth, and Beth for developing this opportunity for students. Doesn't the tree look beautiful? As students give the gift of warmth in mittens, gloves, or socks, they will receive a "Star" with a special message. They will also receive a Jeans Day Bracelet, allowing them to wear jeans the next day. Teachers: On the day the child wears jeans, please ensure the bracelet is removed before the child leaves at the end of the day. Students will be wearing jeans on different days, so no child will feel pointed out if unable to give. Thank you for helping us in this way. Remind our kiddos of Jeans guidelines to ensure a great experience: Solid blue/black jeans, hemmed, no holes, not excessively tight. Thank you!
- Staff who bring gifts of warmth to the Giving Tree will receive a Jeans Day pass to wear on Friday, December 11. We have already been able to bless cold little fingers with warmth, to students who do not have gloves at home and come in red from cold. Thank you for sharing your generous spirit to care for our kiddos.
- Shoes: We are in need of shoes, specifically sizes 12, 12.5, 13, and 13.5. If you have any usable sneakers hiding in your closets, or come across any at garage sales, etc., remember us! Thank you, Ms. Rangel, for monitoring our clothes closet needs and actively ensuring our students' basic needs are met, so that they can enter the classroom ready to learn and grow.
- Campus Long-Range Planning: I've heard such positive feedback! Thank you for your collaboration and focused input to respond to data and develop high-rigor plans for the marking period, and beyond!! Planning is a critical factor in student learning. One of the many reasons that You are the BEST!
- Rumor has it... that Absolute Apps is up and running, and should allow you to get on and select from district apps to upload to your classroom iPads. They have not made an official announcement, as they are working out the kinks. Some of you have already begun to use it successfully, so I'm spreading the rumor, in case other adventurous
- Winter Wonderland is here! Thank you to Tammy, Yolanda, Julie, Maria, Juanita, Jon, Aziz, and Madeline for your input, communication with the community, and contributions to prepare for an evening of family fun through math!
- 1) Tuesday, 12/8, please go to 103 to talk to Tammy about your game.
- 2) Thursday, 12/10, set up your game and station.
- 3) Be in place by 5:15 so that we can ensure you have all that you need!
- 4) Tammy, Lisa, and Yolanda will be coming around to check on you and provide refreshment! :)
- 5) Evening will end at 7:00. At that time, pack up your station and return your activity kit to room 103.
- 6) In order to ensure you are dressed and energized for a night of engaging Math fun, we get to wear jeans and tennis shoes all day Thursday! Hooray!
- Community Thanks: WinCo is donating 800 franks for our food booth Thursday. St. Luke's Cumberland Presbeterian Church will host a shuttle for our parents to Park and Ride from 5:15-7:15. The Fort Worth Police Department will have a representative present. Home Depot reached out to us this week and simply said they thought of us. The manager asked to donate several live trees for our students and families. He and other supervisors will be here Monday morning to set up a brand new tree for our campus, to contibute to the Winter Wonderland atmosphere and as a gesture of kindness to our students for years to come. Word is out--Sycamore: Where the Best Begin
- Pictures: If you have snapped pictures from this semester, including over the upcoming 2 weeks, hold onto them! After the break, Lisa will teach us how to share these for the Yearbook to celebrate the creative learning of our shining young stars.
- Staff Meeting Monday, December 7, focus: Literacy Night (Jan. 21)
- CPOC meeting December 14 is postponed. No CPOC on 12/14!
- Rachel, thank you for sending your students to lead us in Announcements this week. We're looking forward to hearing from Mrs. Martinez' class!
- CISD is partnering with UPS as we approach the increased mail demand of December. A mini-UPS site will be placed behind our campus for local package delivery via golf cart. We have been assured that it will not interfere with parking or traffic. Keep an eye out, please communicate any questions or concerns, and now you know who's in the brown uniform cruising around our campus and neighborhood with packaged goods! :)