Memorial Elementary PTO
Meeting Minutes for November 11, 2014
Those in Attendance:
Sandi Burda, Christina Miller, Shannon Sharp, Melissa Pastoret, Kathy Danzi, Alicia Watkins, Amanda Korb, Catherine Danko, Jodi Jackson, Kerry & Jeff DeRubbo, Paula George, Polly Murphy, Arene Lee, Julie Dombrowski, Leslee Davies, Lindsay Glass, Janis Casto, Amy Smith, Anne Casko, Megan Pendleton, Beth Keller, Debbie Misecko.
Budget & Old Business
- Earned $686.25 on Spirit wear order.
- Earned $1,141.00 on Little Caesars Pizza Sales.
- Trunk or Treat was successful. Did have lots of cars not show up this year. Ideas are to allow Grandparents to do a car, cut down on the trick or treat time, call parents to remind them they volunteered. Did like having families donate candy for the event. Maybe add an activity as well next year.
- Red Ribbon Week went very well. Thank you Anne Casko for heading that up!
- Made just over $300 on our Chipotle Night!
- Submitted Box Tops for a total of $848.60 and submitted 1,443 points for Campbell Soup Labels.
- Bob Evans Pie Fundraiser should have come home by 11/12. Order forms are due back to school by Tuesday, November 18th. The class that sells the most will get to throw a pie in either Mr. Rios or Mr. Sienks face.
- Book Fair is this week. Sales are going very well. Stop in and purchase Christmas gifts for kids as well as our teachers!
- Little Caesars Pizza order pick up is this Friday, November 14th from 3:30-5:30pm
- We will do a scrip order for November and December. Be on the look out for this to come home.
- Talent Show is this Friday, November 14th at 6pm in the Ben Franklin Auditorium. This is a free event so come on out and see our talented students!
- Discovery Fair packets will be coming home the 1st week of December. They are due back by December 17th.
- Grandparents Reception is this Saturday, November 15th from 9-12pm. We are still looking for volunteers to donate goodies and serve them during the reception. Contact Jodi Jackson if you are interested.
- We are still in need of Book Fair volunteers for Saturday as well. Contact Debra Krieg-Lewis.
- Michelle Carney is looking for any pictures you can give her for our yearbook. Contact Mrs. Misecko to get them to Michelle.
- Mr. Rios is in the process of self publishing his childrens book. If you would like to check this out and possible donate, go to www.kickstarter.com, project: children's book, "A New Leaf" by Jose G. Rios.
- Thank you to Kerry & Jeff DeRubbo for painting our hallway! Way to Go!
- Early in December we will be getting a survey for accreditation. Mrs. MIsecko asks us to please fill this out. It will be very helpful for future school improvements.
Dates to Remember
- 11/10-11/15 - Book Fair
- 11/14 - Talent Show 6pm at BFMS
- 11/14 - Little Caesar's Pick up from 3:30-5:30pm
- 11/15 - Grandparents Reception from 9-noon
- 11/27-11/28 - Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
- 12/9 PTO Meeting at 3:30pm
- 12/16 - Bob Evans Pie Pick up
- 12/18 & 12/19 - Christmas Parties
- 12/19 - Christmas Break Begins