Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
Malory Loy 2
Warsaw Ghetto Uprising significants
Other things you should know..
- The Ghetto was enclosed with barbwire, but later on was enclosed with 10 foot brick wall.
- A lot of people didn't have housing, but they ones who were lucky enough, were packed in their house with 8 other people.
- Over thousands of people died each month from the "Ghetto Disease".
- Men or small children would wiggle their way through holes in the wall to smuggle food...there was always a risk of being caught.
- People would suffer from bitter cold winters.
- Children 10 years and older were required to wear an armband with a blue star of David in public.
- Police transported 265,000 Jews to the Treblinka killing, only 35,000 Germans got permission to stay in the Ghetto.
- People would only get 200 calories a day, sometime not even that.
"Warsaw Ghetto Uprising." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, Web. 03 Feb. 2016. <http://www.britannica.com/>.
Boorstein, Michelle. "The Washington Post: National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines." Washington Post. The Washington Post, n.d. Web. 03 Feb. 2016. <https://www.washingtonpost.com/>.
Warsaw ghetto Uprising
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. "Warsaw Ghetto Uprising." Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. Web. 26 Jan. 2016.
Links to further information
This website gives you information on how the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising started and the outcome of the events.
This website gives you really cool facts on the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, that you may not find on every website. It also shows you really cool pictures from during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.