Top TEN News @ Weston
August 17, 2018
1. All classrooms have completed the NWEA assessments for our Beginning of the Year. All we have are make ups for those students that were absent. We will let you know when the reports are available for you to access through the ParentPortal to your child’s Powerschool account. We take the same tests again in Middle and End of the Year. This allows us to use the data to set Growth Goals and CELEBRATE our student, classroom, and school SUCCESSES!
2. All K-3 students have been issued an iPad for this year. To learn about the expectations please watch this parent info video (approx. 4 minutes long): https://youtu.be/D-YIXbtvcEY iPad Agreement paperwork is attached. If you haven’t signed both pages yet please do so and return to school.
3. If you paid for the iPad insurance through our EZSchool Pay account you will need to complete the attached paperwork and return it to school before their device can be insured.
4. Lunch Accounts - Greenfield-Central is once again using www.ezschoolpay.com to put lunch money in your child’s lunch account (there is a small fee and you will need your child’s student number found on Powerschool). If you send money with your child please place it in an envelope or baggie in their take home folder. Make sure student and teacher’s names are listed. Please be sure to keep your child’s lunch account in good standing. Additionally, our cafeteria computer system does not have the capabilities to put a “block” on student lunch accounts for purchasing extra lunch items. You will want to make sure your child is on the same page as you when it comes to spending lunch account money. REMINDER. . . . The cafe does not have the ability to give change. If you are buying lunch be sure to have the exact amount. If you must overpay the excess will be applied to the student’s account.
5. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due a.s.a.p. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. email@example.com
6. School Clinic: Do you have medication that your child will take on a regular basis? Please bring this to the office. Students should NOT bring this in their backpacks. Our office is open daily from 7:00-3:00. Do you have immunization records that have been updated? Send to Mrs. Sara Potter. firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Mrs. Miller, the school social worker, has begun to go into some of the classrooms to share bully prevention lessons. These lessons all contain nice ways to interact with others, what bullying is, and what to do about it. Ask your children what they’ve learned through these.
8. School pictures will be Friday, September 7th. Forms will be sent home soon.
Mark your calendars for the 1st E-Learning Day for ALL K-12 students in GCCSC. On September 26th students will have devices to work on assignments at home that day while our staff across the district have Professional Development. More specific details will be shared with families soon.
9. If your child is need of a shoes please contact Mrs. Terry Miller, Weston Social Worker. You can call our office at (317) 462-1492 or email her at email@example.com. We have sizes 11-3 available and can request other sizes if needed (including adult). These were donated to us by Changing Footprints.
10. Mark your calendars for the 1st E-Learning Day for ALL K-12 students in GCCSC. On September 26th students will have devices to work on assignments at home that day while our staff across the district have Professional Development. More specific details will be shared with families soon.