ROCORI SECONDARY SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
APRIL 29, 2022
Attention Seniors: If you did not pick up your cap and gown on the 26th, please stop and see Dee in the office.
CLASS OF 2022 ALL NIGHT GRAD PARTY
Class of 2022 All Night Graduation Party
ATTENTION SENIORS: All Night Grad Party tickets are still available to purchase for $75.00. You can purchase them on Rev Trak or in the school office.
ROCORI FFA STATE CONVENTION UPDATE
What a crazy and emotional past couple of days! Or should we say months! These young members have worked extremely hard to get to this point and it will be amazing to share this excitement with the chapter! Here’s a recap on results:
- Best Informed Greenhand (Anna Nyhammer, Brynn Sabo, Sienna Schreifels, Autumn Mackedanz, and Emily Christensen)- placed 10th!
- Small Animal Vet Science (Brynn Sabo, Rebecca Posch, Alana Bromenschenkel, and Hannah Culley) - placed 4! With Hannah Culley placing 2nd individually!
- Fish and Wildlife (Daniel Kiffmeyer, Joel Boyer, Renee Schneider, and Sienna Torborg) - placed 9th! With Renee Schneider placing 15th individually!
- Milk Quality and Products (Bethany Posch, Ella Lahr, Loretta Belknap, and Emily Christensen) - placed 7th! With Bethany Posch placing 15th individually!
- Floriculture (Amber Boulton, Brooklynn Niemi and Emily Boulton)- placed 26th!
- Livestock Evaluation (Abby Jopp, Katie Boyer, and Kaitlin Reitmeier)- placed 19th!
- Dairy Handling (Tyler Ratka)- placed in top 10 (still waiting on final placing)
- Parliamentary Procedure (Tyler Ratka, Daniel Kiffmeyer, Bethany Posch, Kaitlin Reitmeier, Alana Bromenschenkel, and Brooklynn Niemi)- placed 2nd!!
- Tyler Ratka was also introduced as next year’s Region 3 President!
Thank you to all of the coaches, parents, supporters, chaperones, and the FFA for making this happen. It truly takes a village and we have a wonderful one! Great work members - we are so PROUD of your hard work and accomplishments! If you see any of these students, make sure to congratulate them!
PURCHASE YOUR PERSONALIZED PAVER BY MAY 1ST
SPARTAN ONLINE STUDENTS
Last Tri-mester is up and running, all course work needs to be completed by June 2nd at 12:00 p.m. All students should be checking their TEAMS app daily for communication from ROCORI staff. We have seen an uptick of unexcused absence due to lack of time and login. Please remember if your child is unable to work that day due to illness, appointments, or vacation, call or email Steph Ruegemer. Please return all library books, textbooks, and Macbooks that have been checked out.
HEALTH OFFICE INFORMATION
VACCINATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
6th graders going into 7th grade fall of 2022 will need Meningococcal and Tdap
11th grade going into 12 grade fall of 2022 will need their 2nd Meningococcal
Questions call Missy Boucher at 320-685-4968 or email to email@example.com.
MIDDLE SCHOOL YEARBOOKS
The end of the 2021-2022 school year is wrapping up quickly, which means that the middle school yearbooks will be arriving soon! A limited supply of books has been ordered so make sure you purchase yours today to ensure that your child has a copy to enjoy with their friends! If you are unsure if your child has a yearbook coming to them have your child look at the list hanging in the middle school or email Michelle Cremers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please look at the scholarship page on the Guidance Office website. There are new opportunities for you to apply for scholarships, several are expiring soon. Don’t miss this opportunity to apply for free money!
HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS
There is a list of students who HAVE purchased a RHS 2022 Yearbooks on the front glass window in the office. The yearbooks will be distributed on Friday, May 27th. You'll want to reserve your copy now, as supplies are limited. You can order on RevTrak through May 15th. After May 15th, books can only be purchased with cash or check in the office with Jane. The price of each book is $55. You don't want to miss getting your copy of this year's Spartanica Yearbook.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Ryan Hauge - Secondary Principal, grades 6 - 12 - email@example.com
Josh Austad - Assistant Principal, grades 9 - 12 - firstname.lastname@example.org us
Jake Nelson - Assistant Principal, grades 6 - 8 - email@example.com
Joel Baumgarten - Activities Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Lieser - Guidance Counselor grades 9 - 12 - email@example.com
Shelly Collison - Guidance Counselor, grades 9 - 12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsha Gilbertson - Guidance Counselor, grades 6 - 8 - email@example.com
Amy Olson - Guidance Counselor, grades 6 - 8 - firstname.lastname@example.org