Mountain View Weekly Update
Announcements & Updates
- Get ready, Mendham... A high-flying, slam-dunking, rim-rattling basketball show is coming to town! The world-famous Harlem Wizards will visit the Mendham West Morris Central High School on Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 3PM, for an afternoon of great fun and fundraising for our amazing Mountain View and Hilltop Schools. The Wizards will play a game against a team of Hilltop and Mountain View teachers and staff, and proceeds will benefit the Mendham Boro HSA. The event will feature a variety of fun interactive extras to complement the Wizards' dazzling demonstration of hoops artistry: Pregame "Wiz Kids" warm-up, contests, comedy, awesome slam dunks, audience participation, merchandise giveaways, and more. Tickets on sale next week, but save the date today!
- 8th grade parents: Please refer to the 2/11 weekly update and/or the email from Mrs. Lanka sent on 2/21 for information on Anytown. Please return the permission slip to Mrs. Lanka by March 1 so your child may attend the student presentation at WMMHS on March 18.
- The 2018-2019 bi-annual musical performance of Willy Wonka Jr., is scheduled for March 14 (7:00 p.m.), 15th (7:00 p.m.), and 16th (1:00 p.m.).Tickets will be sold online. Please check the Mountain View website live feed on Tuesday, February 26 for a link to purchase.
- Classroom, Docs, Slides... oh my! Would you like to learn more about G Suite, including how it is implemented in the classroom and can make for more efficient communication in your daily life? If so, join Mrs. Falcone and Mrs. Toth on February 26 (rescheduled snow date) from 9:00 - 10:30 for an interactive and informative Google bootcamp. To RSVP, click here. Note that space is limited to the first 18 participants.
- The Mountain View Parent Council serves as a liaison to the school community in Mendham Borough. The Parent Council meets monthly with administration to discuss matters brought to the attention of the representatives. The primary objective of this Council is to foster dialogue and communication between parents and administration and to provide advice and counsel to administration relating to school-wide topics. The Council is not a substitute for individuals having direct contact with the appropriate school personnel. The Parent Council should not be contacted for the purpose of intervening in disputes between administration or staff members and individual students or parents. If you have matters you would like to have discussed with the Parent Council, please contact one of your class representatives. Click here for more information.
Mark your calendars
- 3/1: Parent Council meeting
- 3/1: Spring sports physicals due
- 3/1: Permission slip/payment for High Note Festival field trip due
- 3/4 - 3/6: Freshman scheduling conferences
- 3/14 - 3/16: Willy Wonka, Jr. performances