Week of: August 6 - August 10
You made it! Pre-Planning was fast, furious and jam packed full of information. I trust that you all are ready to embrace our new students on Monday, August 6, 2018! . I look forward to the excitement that Monday brings, I am glad to be on your team! Please plan to wear your blue convocation shirts on Monday so that we are a united force at McAllister ES! For Monday - Our Top Priorities include getting students: To School, Fed & Home Safely - Please ensure we have 100% information on transportation by using the attached link: Click Here
Rest & Recharge today!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- August 6 - First Day of School
- August 21 - Curriculum Night
- August 28 - Faculty Meeting - Media Center
Have an INCREDIBLE Week!
Making Moves at McAllister
- Use this form to acknowledge the good hard work your peers around you are doing - these will be posted weekly as a form of encouragement/acknowledgement. Because after all - You ALL deserve it!
Lunchroom Expectation Information
- If you are in older grades, please designate certain students to sit at the overflow table (located in the middle of the lunchroom) if your tables are full.
- Do not assign students to pick up trash or wipe the tables. Teachers on lunch duty will be using this as an incentive for students.
- If you want your students to sit in a particular order at your table please ensure you are facilitating.
- Please make sure to sit with your class the first week and teach students the lunchroom expectations.
- Please remind students that they should not share food in the lunchroom.
Ten Day Count Information
1 - “No Show” students are students that were expected to attend school in Bryan County for
the 18-19 school year, but do not show up for school.
2 - ‘Expected to attend’ means the student is actively enrolled in PowerSchool on the first day
3 - Day 1 – 8/6/2018 – Teachers will mark any student not present with an attendance code of
· -Attendance is to be updated throughout the day if the student shows up late or a teacher marked a student incorrectly.
· -At the end of the day, ALL students with an attendance code of NS for 8/6 will be
withdrawn from school with an exit date of 8/6, and an exit code of U.
· -Run your attendance report before teachers leave for the day and make teachers verify their attendance for the day. They can do this in PowerTeacher by reviewing their attendance grid. If you need a signed report, the teacher can printout their class attendance grid. Or run the Class Attendance Audit report.
4 - 8/7 and beyond – Attendance is taken as usual. All students on roll are students that were
present on 8/7. Teachers will no longer have access to the NS code.
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 120 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!