Monday, August 18th
- 9:00-10:30 Good reading tools from NCCAT, brought to you by Kristen Flores and Melanie Wilson
- 10:30-11:15 Grade levels will meet in teams: team norms, consequences, facilitator, vision! Teacher assistants will meet with Mrs. Williams (in the computer lab)
- 11:15-11:30 Grade level report out!!
- 11:30-1:00 Lunch on your own
- 1:00-2:30 Movie time
Tuesday, August 19th
- 8:30-9:30 Flubaroo'g the handbook
- 9:30-10:45 Grades 3-5; still floobing with Dr. Clarke. Bring something you will be teaching in the first three weeks so you can practice putting one together and see how it all works. All other teachers in Promethean training with Mrs. Williams and other staff. TA's will be working on school items/preparing for Open House.
- 11:00 Presentations by PTO and Go/Play/Save
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch brought to you by Go/Play/Save
- 12:30 Staff picture. Wear a KES collared shirt in blue, yellow, white, or gold. All new staff wear a plain collared shirt in one of those colors.
- 12:45 Classrooms and team time. TA's working on school items/preparing for Open House.
- Mrs. Schardt will be at First Aid Training.
Wednesday, August 20th
- 8:00 Breakfast from the PTO
- 8:15 Welcome
- 8:20 Recycling at KES
- 8:30-10:30 Review of CCI... adding some High-Yield Strategies to increase student engagement
- 10:30-11:15 vision for the school year
- 11:15-12:30 Lunch on your own
- 12:30-3:00 Grade level meetings with Dr. Clarke- goals. All meetings will take place in the curriculum planning room.
~12:30- grade 1
~1:00- grade 2
~1:30- grade 3
~2:00- grade 4
~2:30- grade 5
Staff Development Day
- 8:00-10:00 Instructional Content for staff at Kensington in the media center
- PE, Music, and Art teachers at Cuthbertson Middle School from 8:00-11:30
- EC training at Cuthbertson High School from 8:00-11:00
- mClass for new K-3 teachers at the PDC (rooms 203,204,205,206) from 1:00-3:00. Bring your iPads and Dibels kits.
- Fountas & Pinell for new teachers at the PDC (room 207) from 1:00-3:00. Bring your assessment kit.
Friday, August 22nd
8:00-9:00 Tie up loose ends
9:00 Grade level meetings continued
- 9:00 kindergarten
- 9:30 specials
- 10:00 EC (if needed- you have already spent enough time with Mrs. Williams)
- 2:00-4:00 OPEN HOUSE- Wear what you wore for staff pictures (returning staff- If you have loaners that you could bring for the new staff, please do.)