5 Key Tips to Remember
· Count cash out of sight of customers or passers-by, preferably in a secure office.
· Where possible use two people to count the cash and transfer it to and from the bank. This increases accountability, as well as increases personal security
· Whilst cash is being counted, staff should not attend other duties (serving customers) and leave the cash unattended.
· Busy retailers may wish to consider depositing cash multiple times in a day or into a secured safe in the store before the daily bank visit.
· Consider displaying signs in the store window indicating that no cash is kept on premises overnight.