8th Grade Educational Trip 2017
To get text message updates text @zlsdc2017 to 81010
We have 20 verbal commitments from our group! If you have not yet emailed me with your child's intention to participate (or not), please do that as soon as possible so we can begin planning.
At this point you may go ahead and register online with WorldStrides. All you need to pay now is the $49 registration fee to secure your spot. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Travel Dates: Monday, April 17th- Thursday, April 21st
Student Cost: $2149 (based on quad occupancy)
Adult Cost: $2489 (based on double occupancy)
* These prices reflect an early registration discount of $120 if you register before May 27th.
Deposit due at registration: $49 (sign up before May 27th)
Early Bird Registration Deadline: May 27th
What does this cost include? EVERYTHING This is an all inclusive price. The only things not in this price would be spending money for souvenirs and a class t-shirt.
- Round trip airfare
- Hotel accommodations (Hilton, Marriot, Springhill are some of our previous hotels)
- All meals
- Entrance fees and tickets
- Ground transportation while in DC
- Airport transfers between Zion and ABIA
- Doctors on call while in DC
- 24-hr support while traveling
- Night chaperones in our hallway every night between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
Note-In years past families who actively participate in fundraising have been able to earn about half of their student's cost of trip through fundraising.
1. Do I have to register my student before May 27th?
- May 27th is the deadline to receive the Early Bird Discount. You may still register your student after that date, but the cost will increase by $120.
2. What is due at the time of registration?
- The only money due at the time of registration is the $49 deposit if registered before May 27th. After that date, the deposit increases to $99.
3. What are my payment options?
- WorldStrides offers multiple payment options. First- you may choose to pay the trip in full. If you choose this, then all money earned from fundraisers will be paid out to you at the end of fundraising in a check from Zion. Second- you may choose one of the payment plans offered by WorldStrides. Please refer to a customer service representative for details. Payments are spread out over the year, with the balance due 60 days before we travel.
4. What is the Full Refund Program? Should I purchase it for my student?
- The Full Refund Program is optional. It does cost an additional $239 and allows you to cancel your student's registration at any time for a full refund (minus the deposit). This is entirely optional.
5. Can we begin fundraising before I register my student?
- No, your student needs to be registered with WorldStrides before they will be able to receive a portion of fundraising money. Of course, they can still participate as part of the group!
6. Will my student need spending money for the trip?
- Yes, your student will want some spending money for souvenirs and snacks. Everything else is included, though. All meals, transportation, and accommodations are taken care of.
7. When will we receive our fundraising money?
- You will have two options for receiving fundraising money. First- we can make payments on your behalf to WorldStrides to lessen the amount owed. We will do this periodically as we complete fundraisers. Second- you can choose to make all scheduled payments, or pay in full, and we will issue you one check for all fundraising earnings at the completion of all fundraisers.