Sibley East Elementary Newsletter - September 6-10, 2021
A Note from Mrs. Feterl...
Keeping our families in the loop is a major priority for me. As such, you can expect to receive this weekly digital newsletter during the year. Please be sure to always read carefully and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Yours in Education,
Sibley East Elementary Principal
Parent-Teacher Conference Reminders
- If you have not registered for your 15 minute individual conference, please click HERE to make your appointment.
- Conferences are in-person. However, if you need to request a virtual conference, please contact your student's teacher or call the office for assistance (507)237-5511.
- We want to make sure each student receives undivided attention during their conference. As such, we kindly ask that young, non-school age siblings are left at home. If it is necessary to bring little ones, child care will be provided in the gym at school.
- We are also hoping to complete some of the FAST Reading assessments with our 1st-5th grade students during conferences. The assessment will be completed with a support staff person outside of your 15 minute conference time with the teacher (either before or after). Staff will work one-on-one with your student for approximately 5-10 minutes. If, for whatever reason, a child is unable to be assessed, we will complete the assessment once the school year officially begins.
Conference Stations in the Commons
- Update your Emergency Contact Information - REQUIRED for all families
- Complete online form (click HERE to complete ahead of time) - REQUIRED for each student in the household
- Pay Chromebook fee (device remains at school until students have completed digital citizenship and device care lessons) - $25/per student in grades 3-5 ONLY
- Sign up and pay for Milk Money - $35/half year, $70/full year
- Sign up and pay for Snack Cart - $25/half year, $50/full year
- Visit booths for: SE PCO (Sibley East Parent-Community Organization), 4H, Girl Scouts, and Bus Transportation, and more!
Each student will also have the option of playing our "Back-to-School Bingo" (see below) by completing various tasks during their conference visit. All students completing a bingo will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of two prize baskets from the PCO!
School Day Information
- The first day of school for K-5 students is Thursday, September 9.
- School begins at 8:10 a.m. and ends at 3:10 p.m.
- Upon entrance into the school each morning, the students will have two options: 1) Eat a nutritious breakfast in the commons -or- 2) Report to the flex space in their grade level wing to engage in morning activities.
- If your student is going to be absent, please call the office (507)237-5511 by 8:00 a.m. If we do not receive any communication regarding the student's reason for being absent, then your student will receive an unexcused absence.
- If there is a change of plans to your student's end of the day routine, families must notify the office (507)237-5511 by 11:00 a.m.
FREE Breakfast & Lunch for ALL Students
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
- The school doors will open at 7:50 a.m. Families that drop off their student(s) must not do so before 7:50 a.m.
- Also, families that drop off their student(s) will need to say their goodbyes at the main entrance. Visitors are not allowed in the school without prior approval from the principal.
- DROPPING OFF: Families must remain in their vehicles and pull forward to allow the student(s) out of the vehicle when at the main entrance. If families are in need of exiting their vehicle, then the vehicle must be parked in the parking lot. Vacant cars cannot be parked in the driveway.
- PICKING UP: Families must remain in their vehicles and pull forward to allow the student(s) to load the vehicle when at the blacktop/basketball courts near the playground equipment. If families are in need of exiting their vehicle, then the vehicle must be parked in the parking lot. Vacant cars cannot be parked in the driveway.
Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation with our drop off and pick up procedures. Everyone's safety is our number one priority!