Shull Family Front Page
February 1, 2016
It's National School Counselor's Week! We Love Miss Madras!
Cookie Dough Fundraiser Ends TODAY!
If you receive late orders tomorrow (Tuesday) please accept them and send them to the office.
When will cookie dough be delivered?
Delivery is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, March 16.
When will students receive prizes?
Students who sell one item receive a Minion key chain the day they return their envelope. Students who sell five items receive a stuffed Minion the day they return their envelope.
All other prizes will be delivered with cookie dough on March 16.
Shull "Friendship" / Valentine Parties Feb. 12 (Early Release)
If you choose to coordinate a Friendship Party/Celebration or plan activities in your classroom, here are the structured guidelines that must be followed:
- All celebrations will be held on our Early Release day, Friday, February 12
- You may celebrate during one block of time or plan instructional activities throughout the day
- Movies are permitted but must first be approved by Dr. Mattingly
- Parents may be invited; per the parents/student handbook only children in your class may attend your celebration
- Snacks DO NOT need to come from the approved snack list but please be cognizant of food allergies or restrictions
- Valentine Cards, boxes or sacks should be created at home, during non-instructional periods, or during your designated celebration time
- Details of your celebration or activities should be sent to parents in your newsletter
- Details of your celebration should be emailed to Mrs. Emry and Miss MacLeod if you have a student enrolled in Compass
- If you have students who do NOT participate in school celebrations, be sure to organize alternate activities for those students
- All classroom teachers must complete this Friendship / Valentines Celebrations Feb. 12, 2016 Google Doc as soon as plans are finalized
Still have questions? Click here to email me email@example.com
Do You Understand How Your Frontal Lobe Works?
Watch D.O.G.S. at Shull!
Do You Know Someone Who Would be a Great Watch D.O.G.S.?
Encourage him to call the front office or email me for more information.
Important Events & Calendar Dates
Tuesday Team Collabs with Dr. Mattingly
Thursday Team Collabs with Mrs. Kelch
**Please note, some dates have changed. These events are always published on the Shull Building calendar. Be sure you update your personal calendar as well**
Feb. 10 - Shull Minsky's Night
Feb. 12 - Early Release, Friendship Parties, Potato Bar provided by PTA
- Staff Collab 1:30-4:00 - Shull PDC Agenda
- BLT Meeting 1:45-3:00
Feb. 15 - Winter Conferences - be sure your conference schedules are shared-click this link (snacks donated by PTA families)
- 11:00-All Staff Reports to building - click this link for the Shull PDC Agenda
- 11:00-1:00 Conferences
- 1:00-2:30 Staff PD
- 2:30-3:00 Dr. Monsees meets ALL STAFF in library
- 3:00-7:00 Conferences & dinner on your own
Feb. 16 - "Blue Snow Day" Royals make up day-Full school day for everyone
Feb. 22 - SpEd/Gen Ed collab all day (w/floating sub)
Feb. 25 - 3rd Gr Dental Screenings 1:00pm
January 27 @ 7:30 am
**February 24 @ 7:30 am
March 9 @ 7:30 am
January 20 - 8:15-11:45 am
February 10 - 9:00-11:00 am
February 24 - 9:0-11:00 am
February 2 - 3:15-4:15 pm
**February 4 BLT at Academy has been CANCELLED**
February 12 - 1:45-3:00 pm
February 23 (BLT to Academy-Need A Sub)
March 2 (BLT to Creekmoor-Need A Sub)
Donuts With Deane @ 7:30 a.m.
PLC Collabs @ Shull w/Stephanie
April 20 - MO PLC Site Visit
BIST Collabs w/Jodi
Check Out What's Happening in Art Class on Miss Pfaff's Art Twitter Feed @pfaffart
Spelling Bee Competitors
Congratulations to fourth grade students Audrey and Patrick for representing Shull Elementary at the annual district spelling bee Thursday, January 28. Audrey and Patrick rose to the occasion and represented our school with confidence and poise. Way to go!
Kindergarten students celebrated the 100th day of school by living out the motto, "I'm 100 Days Smarter!" Students participated in counting, movement, and design activities all focused around the number 100. Identifying, counting, and writing to 100 is a significant learning target for students to master in Kindergarten.
PTA Meeting Feb. 2
Come join our PTA Board and parent members to learn about the positive impacts PTA is making on your child and our school on Tuesday, February 2, at 6:30 p.m. in the Shull Library. Your opinion matters!
Spelling Bee Competitors
Bond Issue on April 5 Ballot
The Board on Dec. 17, 2015, unanimously approved placing the bond issue on the ballot. The general obligation bond issue is necessary to fund the improvements outlined in the District’s Long Range Facility Plan. In introducing the measure, Superintendent Dr. Kari Monsees emphasized that the bond issue will not require an increase in the tax levy.
In addition to the high school expansion, other elements of the plan include:
- North high school building becomes second middle school
- Modifications to Bridle Ridge and Eagle Glen to serve grades K-5
- Convert Shull Elementary into an Early Childhood Center
- Maintenance projects throughout the District
The Long Range Facility Plan, which was unanimously approved by the Board on Sept. 24 after a yearlong development process, addresses the majority of space needs anticipated by the District over the next 8 to 10 years. The plan includes the most aggressive timeline possible to resolve the two-building high school situation.
Turn in Box Top & UPC Labels by February 12
PLEASE INCLUDE THIS INFO IN YOUR NEWSLETTERS HOME:
Our PTA receives a 10 cent reimbursement for every properly cut, non-expired UPC Box Top donated.
Please send Box Top and UPC labels from Campbells, Tyson, Prego, V8, Pace and Best Choice in Ziploc baggies to school with your child's name and teacher's name written on the baggie.
Please remember to cut out labels along the dotted lines. This enables PTA to receive your labels and send them immediately for reimbursement without having to spend additional time cutting around the dotted lines of each label.
To Learn How Box Tops Support Education, click HERE
PTA graciously thanks you for your donations!
Kindergartners Research & Present Penguin Facts
Engage your students daily in Superbrain Yoga! Cross the mid-line of your body with both arms and squeeze your earlobe with your thumb and index finger (thumb on front of earlobe). Touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Squat down and breath in then come up and breath out. Activate your brain! Click here to view poster tutorials.