Chpt. 8 Dietary guidelines
Brochure 50 points by Tamara Russell
What do dietary guidelines do for american ?
- Dietary guidelines help provide american advice to live longer and make their everyday lives healthier.
- A health risk is : the likely hood of developing health problems,such as heart disease,diabetes,and cancers.
- A diet is an eating plan of everything you eat and drink.
Getting enough nutrients within your calorie needs
- Age,Gender,activity level,and weather you are trying to gain or loose weight are the 4 factors that determine calorie needs.
- Nutrient dense food : a food that provides high amounts of vitamins and minerals for relativity few calories.
How to maintain a healthy weight.
- A risk factor is a condition that increases your chances of developing a problem. Health problems that are related to to much fat are
- Diabetes,Heart disease, high blood pressure, sometimes cancer,and arthritis.
- Health risk for being under weight are :health problems
- You can lose weight by Consuming equal energy that you use,and find a balance between food and activity ,And set goals.
Physically active everyday suggestions
- It helps you because you can stay healthy and in shape.
- A teen should get 60 minutes of activity or moderate or vigorous.
- 2 guidelines are get involed in a sport and spend less time watching T.V. and excersize.
Importance of whole grains,fruits,vegetables,and milk.
- They are healthy because the provide nutrient rich cholesterol free calories and naturally low fats.
- The health benefits are protect you from heart disease and cancer ,and other health problems.
- Include them in your diet by making whole grain foods the star of your meal,eat fruit instead of sugary thins,and eat meals featuring dry beans or peas.
How to limit fats and cholestol
- unhealthy fats are Saturated and trans fats raise cholesterol.
- You can develop heart disease
- You can achieve moderate total fat intake by keep saturated fats to percent of your calories and limit cholesterol to less than 300 milligrams a day.Get most of your ftas from nuts and fish and poultry.
Be choosy about carbohydrates
- Food with natural sugar are fruit and milk.
- Food with added sugar are candy and soft drinks.
- Limit sugar intake because it could cause tooth decay.
Why reduce sodium and increase potassium.
- sodium benefits the body because it helps control body fluids.
- Diseases from excess sodium are high blood pressure heart attack ,and stroke.
- The function of potassium is it helps counteract sodium effects on blood pressure.
- Drinking can effect or influence your judgement that can lead to accidents and injuries.It can cause dependency emotional and violence issues.
Food safety importance.
- Its important because if its not taken care of correctlly it can cause foodborne illness and make you sick .