Third Grade Buzzzz...
Happenings in Mrs. Paluch's Class!
September 28, 2015
ELA- (English/Language Arts)
Focus This Week: Character motivations and actions in a story, how character actions contribute to the sequence of events, and distinguish reader point of view from that of the narrator or characters. We will compare and contrast characters in a story, looking at the theme, setting and plots and see how they are similar and how they can change
Foundational Skills: plurals (-s, -es, -ies), base words and suffixes
Conventions: How to use quotation marks and commas in dialogue. Irregular plural nouns. Ex., calf-calves, mouse-mice
Writing: Kids will use dialogue to show how characters respond in a situation. They will add dialogue to their narrative story.
We will review Chapter 3 skills and then take the test on Tuesday. This is also the end of Unit 1 so we will take that assessment too.
We are starting our Multiplication/Division Concepts Unit!!! The kids are so excited and I am too! I will teach them a lot of different tricks and strategies to help them learn their multiplication facts.
- Multiplication as Repeated Addition
- Arrays and Multiplication
This Week's Homework:
Wednesday 9/30- 4.2
Thursday 10/01- 4.4
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 Panther Fitness Packets Due!
- Friday, Oct. 2 Panther Fitness Challenge! Make sure to wear gym shoes!
- Book Fair starts this Friday. We have LRC on Friday so kids can bring money if they wish to purchase books.