THE CUB CONNECTION
HAFLEY DEVT CENTER - UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATION
Welcome to Hafley
Hello Cub Families!
We are all set to welcome our Hafley Cubs to the campus and online for a wonderful year of learning. In this newsletter I am including many helpful documents and links.
I am excited to welcome everyone In-Person and Choice Remote Learning !
Stacey DeHoyos, MEd
Director of Prekindergarten
Hola padres de nuestra familia Cubs!
Estamos listos para dar la bienvenida a nuestros Hafley Cubs al campus para un maravilloso año de aprendizaje. En este boletín incluyo muchos documentos y enlaces útiles.
¡Estoy emocionado de darles la bienvenida a todos en persona y a Choice Remote !
Stacey DeHoyos, MEd
Director of Prekindergaten
We are a school where educators partner with families and community members to provide experiences that enrich students' social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative abilities while nurturing their capacities to think skillfully and critically.
- Every student will be successful
- Student success is a shared responsibility among school, family, and community
- Consistent modeling of exceptional character contributes to the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors that students need to make successful choices
- Student engagement in meaningful, authentic, work promotes a lifetime of learning
- Commitment to teaching the whole child results in students who are capable of seeking help when needed, managing their own emotions, and problem solving difficult situations
- In providing a safe, risk-free environment that supports and encourages all stakeholders
Meet the Team
Face Covering for In-Person Learning
- Students are asked to bring a face mask AND a latex-free face shield as part of basic school supplies. These items will be supplied by the campus if a student does not have them.
- When working in groups, all students will be asked to wear face covering or face shields. When working independently and socially distant, students may go uncovered.
In-Person School Bell Schedule
Arrival begins at 7:30 am - Curbside
Class time 7:45-10:55 am
Dismissal at 10:55 am - Curbside
Arrival begins at 11:50 pm - Curbside
Class time 12:05-3:15 pm
Dismissal at 3:15 pm - Curbside
In-Person Arrival and Dismissal is Curbside
Drop -Off Curbside- Hafley staff will assist with curbside drop-off during arrival . Parents will pull up to the designated curbside space, get students out of the car. Students will step to hygiene station for hand sanitizer and then enter the building with staff assistance. Additional staff in the building will be sure that children get safely to the classrooms.
Pick Up Curbside- Hafley staff will assist with outdoor, curbside pick-up during at dismissal time. Parents will display the student name cards and pull up curbside. Staff will safely assist the student to their car. Parents will need to assist children loading and safely putting on safety belts.
School Supply List & Dates for Dropping off Supplies
Please complete the attached form to request transportation service for prekindergarten. The request must be received by 10:00 am on Monday for service to begin the following Monday. All transportation request for Prek must be made using this form.
Breakfast and Lunch
- For the 2020-2021 school year all school meals are provided at no charge.
- We do ask that you complete the application for free/reduced lunch.
- Breakfast will be offered to students that attend the AM session and Lunch will be offered for students that attend the PM session.
- Choice Remote students are also provided free meals and can receive meals from 9-10am at one of the following site.
Marine Creek Middle School
Wayside Middle School
Highland Middle School