Eugene Field A+ Elementary
Where Eagles Soar!
Eugene Field A+ Mission:
Eugene Field A+ Elementary recognizes that people are smart in many ways. Our mission is to provide a strong academic program by using drama, visual art, music and dance to meet the needs of each and every student!
August 4, 2021
Volume 2, Issue 1
Month at a Glance . . .
Aug 24: Open House from 4:00-6:00 pm
Aug 26: First Day of School
Aug 30-Sep 2: NWEA Map Assessments
Sep 3-6: No School
Sep 10: Summer Reading Bingo Due
Hello Eagle Families,
We hope this message finds you and your family doing well. The EFA+ team is excited to be preparing for the 21.22 school year. We look forward to partnering with you as we work to guide each learner to their fullest potential.
Please take a moment to read through the newsletter as it contains important information that may answer some of your questions about back to school.
Mr. Mees, Principal
Open House & School Supplies
OPEN HOUSE:Open House will be held in-person on Tuesday, August 24, from 4:00-6:00 pm. We will have class lists available if you are unsure who your child's teacher is.
School supply lists can be found digitally by clicking this LINK.
Enrollment Information Update
Parents/Guardians of students currently enrolled in the Sioux Falls School District should complete the Annual Information Update (Online Registration) for each of their students through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
After logging into the Parent Portal, a link for Annual Information Update can be found under the menu located on the left side of the page. If you have forgotten your password, please call Central Services at 367-8432 to reset your password.
If you have changed addresses over the summer, proof of residency must be supplied. Documents that are acceptable for proof of residency are: lease agreement, mortgage documents, utility bill, property tax payment/receipt, homeowners insurance policy, or state/government agency mail.
These updates must be done through parent/guardian accounts only. Household information for ALL students must be updated prior to the start of the school year.
Parents who are new to the SFSD can access the Online Registration through the SFSD website.
- Select the icon “New Family Information” from the left side of the page
- Under School Registration and Enrollment, select the red Online Registration System link
- Enter the requested information
- Select the Registration Year as 20-21
- Enter the letters and/or numbers seen in the captcha box.
- Select “Begin Registration” (It is helpful to write the application number down.)
Videos to Demonstrate How to Complete Enrollment:
**If you do not have access to a computer, one is currently available at IPC, 201 E. 38th Street, at middle and high school offices, and after August 5th at elementary school offices.
Before & After School Procedures
- Students may enter the building for breakfast at 7:30 am through Door G.
- Students who are not eating breakfast will enter the building through their assigned playground door and head to their classroom at 7:45 (Signs will be posted on the playground doors).
- Parents, please do not drop your children off prior to 7:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Supervision will not begin on the playground until this time. Students on the playground prior to 7:45 will be sent inside to enjoy breakfast.
- Students will be dismissed at staggered times:
- 2:40 pm: Daycare Vans and Buses
- 2:45 pm: Walkers, Parent pick-up, Kids Inc.
- Parents, we strongly encourage you to pick your child up as close to the 2:45 dismissal time as possible.
EFA+ PTA Information
The purpose of PTA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. At Eugene Field A+, the PTA is a collective of parents, teachers, and other interested parties who want to support and be involved in the education of our children.
September 7 @ 6:30 in the MPR
Answer the daily screening questions at home each day. This does not need to be turned in.