Peter the Great Accomplishments
By Devin Burke
- Peter the Great was a very ambitious person.
- He set many goals for himself and did everything he could to complete these goals.
- He was also very fair when it came to men and women and wanted everything to be equal between both sex's.
- Peter the Great was only ten years old when he took throne in 1682 with little education.
- He wanted to strengthen the military, expand Russian borders, and centralize royal power.
- To achieve his goals he brought all Russian institutions under his power such as the Russian Orthodox Church.
- He improved Russia with western technology,
- he improved education by simplifying the Russian alphabet.
- He set up academies for the study of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- He improved Russia's waterways and canals.
- Although Peter the Great was a great ruler he was not the nicest man.
- Peter did not like his son Alexis and constantly beat him.
- He also threatened to kill him multiple times and in the end had him killed.