The Barkley-Johnson Bulletin
Week of January 21st-23rd
What Are We Learning This Week?
ELA: We will spend the week discovering about Martin Luther King, Jr while incorporating many reading skills. Next week kicks off our Greek Mythology unit!
Math: We will be kicking off the 3rd quarter by learning about what fractions are, and then moving straight into equivalent fractions. This is covering standard 4NF.1.
- Please remember that there is NO SCHOOL for students on Monday, January 19th and Tuesday, January 20th. We will see you back ready to kick off the 3rd quarter on Wednesday, January 21st.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT to make sure your student has ear buds or headphones. Many programs and online activities require sound, and we have many students without headphones. Thank you for your help with this!
- For the 3rd quarter, it is very important for your student to have a Math Notebook. This can be a single subject spiral bound book. Please make sure your student is ready to go with one on Wednesday!
- All 2nd quarter tests have been taken, and all 2nd quarter grades have been submitted. We will be discussing the EOQ scores with all students over the next few school days, and report cards will be sent home on Wednesday, January 28th. You will also find writing samples in this report card.
- If you would like to have a conference to discuss your child's progress now that we have finished the 2nd quarter, please complete the Google Form below.
- Pizza Fundraiser Orders and Money are due Wednesday, January 21st. Pizzas will be delivered on Friday, January 30th.
- The next Outer Banks payment is due Friday, January 30th.
- There will be reading homework on Wednesday and Thursday nights this week.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Monday, January 19th: MLK Day- No School
- Tuesday, January 20th: Teacher Workday- No School
- Wednesday, January 21st: Little Caesar's Fundraiser Orders and Money Due
- Wednesday, January 28th: Report Cards Go Home
- Friday, January 29th:
- January Outer Banks Payment Due
- 9am: 2nd Quarter Awards Day