Moana Jr. Day 6!
Grades 4-10 - 7/19/2021
You can change the language of this email by scrolling to the bottom and using google translate.
Hi Moana Jr. campers and families,
We had a great time getting back to work and kicking off Week 2 today!
To start this morning, the directors taught the staging and vocals for bows. Before they were sent to lunch, the campers fixed and worked on different parts of the show they struggled with or had questions on.
Right when they came back from their lunch break, the students ran the entire show, start to finish, and received notes from their directing teams once they finished. The staff led campers in theatre games to finish the day in celebration of their run through and to relax before they come back for another day of rehearsals tomorrow.
Please continue to remind your children to use the resources we have provided to practice so they're ready for rehearsals. They should be off-book by now so they can focus on getting the show ready for performances at the end of this week.
Be sure to watch the RRPA social media this evening to see our Day 6 recap video and the highlight video of our Sea Cast!
We can't wait to see the campers in more rehearsals tomorrow as this show gets closer and closer to performance time!
Camp Dates and Times:
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 9 am - 4 pm
Sea Cast: Friday, July 23 7 pm
Mountain Cast: Saturday, July 24 3 pm
Sky Cast: Saturday, July 24 7 pm
TOMORROW IS MIS-MATCH DAY! Wear your wacky patterns and uncoordinated outfits!
1. PICKUP TIME - Pickup starts promptly at 3:45. We ask that parents arrive as close to that time as possible so students aren't left to sit with our staff past camp's close
2. DROPOFF - When dropping off your students for the day, please pull all the way up. We ask that you don't park and get out of your cars to bring your students in the building, or allow your student to walk across the parking lot to arrive every day. It can be a safety issue and we don't have staff designated to watch traffic and crossing lanes for students.
3. SUPPLIES - Please make sure students pack pencils and highlighters in their clear bins every day. This is important for them to take notes to help remember all they learn for the show throughout the day.
4. SCRIPTS - Please make sure campers bring their scripts every single day. They need them in order to keep up in all rehearsals during camp.
5. MASKS - Students are still required, per LCPS policy, to wear masks while inside LCPS school facilities. Please don't forget to pack your campers a mask, and extras, when they arrive for camp every day.
6. JAZZ SHOES - If your camper doesn't have their jazz shoes yet, we ask them to have them by Monday 7/19 at the latest. Please go ahead and order them if you haven't already done so.
7. OFF BOOK DATE - The directors have set their off book date as Monday. This means students will no longer be able to use their script in rehearsals. They will also need to know all their choreography and vocal parts by this date.
Our directing teams and stage managers have been taking videos of the students to help them practice. They are linked below. Please encourage your student to use them so they are ready for rehearsals every day.
Also, linked below, are some practice vocal and accompaniment tracks along with pronunciation guides.
Please make sure that your child has Jazz Shoes ready to go for the first day of Camp! We highly recommend you buy these early. While we will be providing a costume for every student, we do not provide shoes. Please visit Amazon and type in "JAZZ SHOE." They can be either tan or black. HERE IS A LINK TO SOME JAZZ SHOES ONLINE
How to prepare for Camp!
- Your Clear Bin with the following supplies below
- A Reusable Water Bottle that is unique and clearly marked with your child's name.
- Movement Clothes! You will be dancing a lot throughout the day.
- Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes for movement.
- A packed lunch that will not go bad (with appropriate silverware). There will be no microwaves this year as this is a high-touch surface.
- A Mask
- Sun Screen - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
- A Hat/Sunglasses - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
Director of Health and Safety - Medication
She will be available throughout camp to help with all of your child's physical and emotional needs.
Pick-Up and Drop Off - NEW PROCEDURES
PICK-UP: 3:45 - 4:15 - Pick Up will occur in front of the Main Lobby. Students will be individually released to the cars to prevent students from crossing in front of traffic.
Early Pick-up/Late Drop-Off
Please do not call us; email is the MOST effective way to get in touch with us.
How do I purchase tickets?
Additionally, instructions on how to purchase will be in this email.
Tickets will go on sale to you on Monday, July 12th, and to the public on July 13th.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or accessing your ticket codes, please email Ian Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will allow up to 600 audience members per performance so that tickets will be open to the general public, and there will be no limit on how many tickets you can purchase.
Email Communication Always Preferred
WHAT TO BRING
We request that all students bring their materials in a clear bin. No book bags. This allows us to help students quickly and efficiently find materials. Additionally, the clear bin is a great way for students to store things in a tidy way. Would you please not bring book bags to the program? We strongly recommend a large enough bin to fit a folder, a lunch box, shoes, make-up, and misc. Items.
Here is the Link we are recommending from Amazon.
Please steer clear of anything with nuts, as we have a few students with severe nut allergies.