Information for Families
PARCC at Citizens Memorial
This week Citizens Memorial Elementary School begins PARCC testing. The PARCC assessment will help determine how our students are learning. All public schools in the state of Rhode Island are participating in the PARCC and this marks the first time we are using this assessment. The information gathered will help guide teachers, schools and school districts in assisting our students in being academically successful. In our school, grades 3,4 and 5 will be taking the assessment. Their participation in the PARCC is very important and your cooperation is needed to help your child be successful during the testing period.
- Tuesday March 24th
- Wednesday March 25th
- Thursday March 26th
- Monday March 30th
- Tuesday March 31st
How Can Families Support Students?
- Talk to your child about the assessment
- Encourage them to do their best
- Make sure they get a good nights sleep every night during the testing period
- Make sure your child arrives to school on time everyday (8:45 am)
- Make sure your child is present in school everyday during the testing period
- Avoid dismissing your child early from school during testing days.
Early Dismissal During PARCC Testing
If your child becomes ill and needs to be dismissed due to an illness while taking the assessment, there is a protocol in place that will allow them to make up the portion of the test they need to complete. This will be addressed on a case by case basis.
The following dates are set aside for make-ups: